MarKill

August POV

I had hella work in my pocket. Ready to be sold. But after we left the mall I planned on getting in my own car to sell it, not Mimi's. She said she wanted me to stay with her. So I did... And now I'm in her car, trying to figure out where the hell we finna go!

I figure it out in my head, real quick.

~

I knew for a fact August sold drugs. Period. But I imagined it to be somewhere in the deep hood. Like I'm the movies. Half naked kids walking around, people braiding hair on the porch and thugs hanging around. Shooting dice, talking and arguing.

It's not though. It's way different from my imagination... the neighborhood is nice, with regular houses. With regular people within them.

Aug park on the street then got out and opened the door for me.

"Where are we?"

"A few of my homies house. This where I be kickin it most of the time."

"Oh, okay. What are they like?"

"I guess you'll see when we get in here."

August knock on the door twice then enter. There were about ten people sitting on a sectional couch. It instantly uncomfortable because their attention was pointed directly at us.

The lightskinned one hopped up from the couch and greeted "Ant"?

"Wassup Ant, where you been foolie?!" They dapped each up.

Then everybody started saying wassup, what it do. The lightskinned dude turned to me, then Aug, "Who is this beautiful young lady?"

This nigga had to be from New York or somewhere. His accent was plungin!

"Hello, my name is-"

"My girl-"That's the second time he's called me that, "Megan."

Everybody gave me a slight wave. One of them was hella darkskin, ugly af, and staring at me hungrily. Aug peeped it and gripped my waist. I smiled at him.

But the smile quickly went away after I saw him.

August POV

"Who dis is?" I ask referring to the nigga sitting on the far end of the couch. I never seen him before.

"Oh son, this is my homes Mark! He coo af... aye Mark, dis is Ant, Ant meet Mark."

(Ant is short for Anthony, my middle name)

I dap oh'boy up and take a seat with Mimi on the couch. She seemed hella uncomfortable. I whisper in her ear, "What's wrong babe?"

"Uh... nothing. Just full." She was lying but now isn't the time to address it. I turned to "Mark" and tried to find out more about him. I asked him his type of work and where he be at.

Typical shit. One hustler to another. This nigga looked kinda familiar and sounded it to. I could put my finger on where I knew him from but it was somewhere.

Mimi POV

I'd rather be somewhere else. Anywhere else. Not here is this nice house with these nice friends of Aug's and Marquis stupid ass. He sat about fives feet away from me. Talking to my boy like he didn't know him. Like he isn't even my ex. Everytime Aug looked away for the slightest second. Marquis would smirk at me evilly.

It took everything in my body to keep from lashing out on him. My blood was boiling and heart beating fast.

In this moment. I think I wanted to reach out and kill Marquis. With my two hamds.