0 Progress

August POV

I knew that it was wrong. Even though I was drunk. Cheating is cheating.

I look at my phone. The lockscreen is a picture of my baby sleeping. So peacefully and calm. It was even a slight smile on her face.

I stare at the picture until my phone turn my screen off. Then I keep opening it back up and look at it.

Without realizing it, I shed a tear... We should be sleeping in the bed together right now. Not my dumbass looking at a picture of Baby sleep.

Mimi POV

Bonnie was doing a great job of keeping me occupied and my mind off the whole situation. She had a way of sweeping the sad stuff under the rug for a while and substituting it with the better stuff.

We talked about our childhood and all the good memories. Shit I never thought I'd be talking about until one in the morning on a night my committed boyfriend confessed he cheated on me.

He cheated on me.

That was weird saying. Because I never thought I'd be saying/thinking/believing/knowing those words.

"Bonnie I still can't believe him."

"Who? Lucious, I know right. Making that nigga feel wrong about being gay. That's crazy."

I burst out in laughter, "You know I wasn't talking about no Empire."

"You need to be cuz that show fire. It's some crazy shit on there."

"I know, me and Aug watched the first few episodes."

"We should make a pallet on the floor and watch it til we fall asleep. We can bring snacks in here too."

"Yeah," I cough a fake cough and poke my lip out, "can you set it up please."

She sigh and take off to get whatever.

I take out my phone. There was zero missed calls but one text. I knew the text was from August but I chose not to open it.

"Okay, I got some kiddie ass brownies. Some Kiwi Capri Sun and some chocolate. Y'all just livin like some three year olds over here huh?"

I laugh and say, "That him," I wasn't ready to voice his name.  "He buy that shit not me."

~

We go on Demand and start watching Empire. It was good as hell and had me into it. I loved that Jamal was gay and how his mom stood by him.

~

"Oh shit look-" I tap Bonnie but she was knocked out.

I roll my eyes and turn the T.V off. I got comfortable in my blankets and pulled out my phone.

You don't need to open that text.

Just read it don't reply.

August
You didn't say I love you back earlier. It's bothering tf outta me, so I thought I'd text you. Ik I fucked up and owe my life to earn you back. You probably sleep rn cuz you a lame but if you not, I'm sorry again. And I love you Mimi.

And I can't help it.

Me
Apology still not accepted. ILY2. Gn August.