Various Communications

Dear Mimi,
Glad to hear about the job. I think you being a shoe sales woman is good for you. Especially because you look sexy in heels.

And I guess I look sexy in orange...these rumors about jail is true. So far two niggas tried to get at me in the washroom. I threw up that night. You know how I am about that stuff.

Anyway, I'm working on putting you on the guest list for visitation. I'm going to let you know now that visitation is strict and you can't do certain stuff. We can't touch, hug, kiss, nothing. And it's only for one hour. They really doing the most in this place.

I don't know if that changes your mind about anything. It's okay if you don't want to come. It's hard enough for you. Just let me know.

Nothings changed. Still loving you.

Oh August,
I don't think orange is your color babe. Just kidding! (No I'm not) Protect your hole August, don't let them take that from you. Run if you have to!

I hope they feeding you well in there. I don't need no skinny Minnie August. Nor do I need a swole guy. Stay away from the weights, I seen the movies. It's not a good look for you. Haha!

And, keep working on that Guest list and I'll see if I'm up for it. Don't know if I could tale seeing you and not feeling you.

But it probably won't be anytime soon. I been feeling sick lately. Going to the doctor after I'm done writing this. As you should: pray for me and yourself. God is with you. Stay loving you.

Oh oh Mimi,
Two months down. Ten more to go. Hopefully I can get down to seven months. I been playing my cards rights so maybe.

Maybe you shouldn't come see me. My hair is a mess and I don't want you to see me like this. Sorry for being selfish but I just can't let you.

And I and praying for you as well as myself. I'm sure nothing is wrong love.

Speaking of love, I love you.
P.s I'm able to call you now. Expect that real soon.

Mimi POV

I kept rereading August's letter. The part that stuck with me was: "Maybe you shouldn't come see me."

That was hard to read so I knew it would be hard to hear.

~

"I didn't expect the first time  we talked on the phone, the topic would be about me visiting you or not."

"Don't say it like that."

"August I wanna see you."

"Mimi, it might not be a good idea."

"Why not."

"One reason it's all types of crazy motherfuckers in here."

"I don't care."

"And you don't need to see me in a orange jumpsuit..."

"The point is I need to see you. Orange, black, purple, whatever. I don't give a damn about a suit."

"Well when you say it like that-"

"I'm coming to see you. Period."

"Ight. What you up to?"

"Laying in our bed. Wearing your t-shirt. I wear it when I'm lonely."

"Babe you need Bonnie back in your life. She'll fill your void."

"Aw Aug, you should have seen her at the funer-" I pause knowing that might not be a subject he wanted to hear about. "We're both at low points, which probably won't be a good mix. It's best we keep our distance."

"You know y'all need each other."

"Weren't you the one that said fuck her."

"I'm also the someone that thought I'd never get caught. Can you tell me where I'm calling you from?...just call her."

"You always say the right thing."

"Not always...how was your doctor visit?"

I look into space thinking about the visit. "It was nothing. Same ol slight temp, stuff like that. I'm fine babe."

"Are you taking care?"

"You worry like I'm a kid."

"Maybe cuz you my baby."

"But you're not my daddy, daddy." We laugh over the phone as if we were right next to each other.

"How's my other girl?"

"She's doing fine. Untouched."

"Touch her for me tonight. You can't leave her lonely."

"Yeah I guess so..."

~

We talk for a few more minutes then I get tired so I ask to let the call go. Lord knows I didn't want to but if I kept talking I'd miss him even more.

~
We should meet up. I feel like we left things a little unsettled. This is me reaching out to you.

I agree. Time and place?

Right now if you're not busy. Better late than never. This has been on my mind forever. It would be nice to get it off my chest.

On my way