Chapter 2: Lady of the Forest (edited)

"Tell me, how did you end up in the woods, Lost one?" The pixie asked in pure curiosity as they ventured inside the old monastery.

Walking through a small pathway that drips off some small droplets from the ceiling up high. Echoing through the vastness of the alley as it hits on the wet cement.

"I don't have any idea, Lucian." Fourth gloomily replied. "All I could remember is that I was running for my life. Actually, I am with a friend, but sadly, we did not make it through. I thought I would be dead somehow, but then, I woke up in this strange place instead."

Fourth continued as he stared at the sorrounding. The ruins amaze him. Its intricate design is similar to those temples in ancient Greece that he saw on some books in elementary school.

However, as beautiful as it may be, the place still could not give the feeling of relief into the boy's mind.

I think I am lying in a hospital right now or worse, still floating in the river. I'm dying while my consciousness is still wandering in this dream.

Fourth thought to himself as he weakly smiled at the fae.

The little pixie, on the other hand, just stared at the boy with eyes full of wonder. Trying to understand the traveller's answer

"Sire, are you sure you're not dreaming or something?" Lucian could not take it anymore. He asked.

Making Fourth to laugh at him.

"Hoping that I am."

"You're weird."

"I know." Fourth chuckled at the remark. He is weird indeed. Ford is telling him that all the time.

Lucian, the pixie, is about to tell him something when Fourth stops the little one while he is pointing at a certain object in an old altar. It's a statue of a woman holding a lyre. Below, it is a sword stuck in a rock. The handle is made with an azure metal coated with blue obsidians while the blades of the said sword are so sharp that it reflects the light from the ceiling. Resulting for it to sparkle through the darkness of the place.

"I wonder, who do you think that lady is?"

Fourth could not endure but to ask. He doesn't know why, but the face of the statue looks familiar to him. He has this feeling that he had seen the face of that woman before. He is not sure from where, but he definitely recalls it.

"Pull the sword from the rock, my child."

"Oi! Who was that? Is it some kind of a ghost somewhere?"

Fourth suddenly felt goosebumps all over when he heard that voice. One thing that he is afraid of the most is ghosts.

"No, I am sure that was the lady of the forest. Quickly! Do as she says!" Lucian coed as he excitedly flies above Fourth's hair.

"Take the Sword of Mathildis, little Fourth."

The voice echoed once again.

Fourth looks at the little fae. Hesitation is painted all over his face, but then, when Lucian nods an approval, he begins to climb up the altar.