Chapter 14: The Truth lies below the Clear Waters ( part 2 )

[ Raw Chap]

Anyway, I added this soundtrack here for the fight scene because it rings in my head while I'm writing the chapter. 😆✌️

-------------------------

FOURTH

Loud hisses can be heard from the creature before us echoing inside the cave like a dreadful melody. Its red scales almost glows in the dark showing how sparkly they are. To be honest, I'm actually fond of snakes way back in Thailand so I find this three headed hydra rather attractive. Each of the three heads were standing proudly like a cobra as its body coils around the fountain statue of a woman holding a jar of water.

It seems like the creature is guarding it from intruders like us who want to get close to the fountain so I assume that it's the spring of truth. Around the fountain is a lake covered in mist which is impossible to see from the naked eye.

"Be careful Lumiere. We don't know the full extent of the Hydra's ability yet. Being complacent means death." Gemini warned me as he positioned himself in front. Holding his spear staff into an offensive stance as if he's protecting me from harm.

"I will Gem. Thanks." I said while summoning my sword. Walking while swishing it around before holding it with both of my arms in a defensive stance. "Now listen everyone. I will act as a decoy to lure all of the head in attacking me. Prom you will be our main damage dealer. Strike it with your magic. Gem, water surrounds us so this is your battle field also but focus your support magic on me."

"Alright, your call." / "Okay Sire." Gem and Prom responding respectively as they prepare for battle.

"Alright here we go. Lucian, follow me! Hiyaah!!!"

My roar unfurled across the air as I spread my wings firmly. The monster returned the favor with all of its three heads hissing at me. I was about to fly on one of its heads when Gemini suddenly snapped at me.

"No Lumiere! Get back!"

His shout made me stop mid-air. Making it too late for me to react at the ball of greenish energy coming towards me in high speed.

Shit!! I don't have time anymore to avoid it so I just tried blocking it with the sword. Praying that I could at least survive as I close my eyes.

And then.......Boom!!!

A loud explosion banged like a bomb as the surroundings began to shake because of the impact.

I thought I was done for good because that blast of energy is massive but several minutes have passed already and I ain't felt any pain at all. I was just flying here. Too shocked to open my eyes.

"I just said awhile ago to be careful but you're not listening to me. Do I need to put a leash on you to keep you safe at all times?"

An angry looking Gemini met my gaze as soon as I opened my eyes. Scolding me while countering the attack of the enemy by his spearstaff. Spinning afloat while his hand controls it's movement and the other free hand is keeping me on his side. Embracing my waist tightly close to him.

"What a sight to behold. Isn't it romantic?" A voice of mockery suddenly echoed from nowhere after the greenish energy dispersed from our sight.

We tried to look for the source of that voice and it didn't take much time because the culprit suddenly appeared in front of us. A young boy, wearing greenish serpentine armor, standing proudly on top of the Hydra's left head, smirking at us. He has two horns on his head springing backwards, a very long tail wagging side by side, long and sharp claws that glisten under the light, and pair of eyes that are glowing like a dashing emerald.