Chapter 7: To the Tree of Thorns

[Raw Chap]

The search for the crescent moon continues as the three find their way to the tree of thorns. There are lots of encounters with monsters along the way like Aracnus, an enormous man-eating spider, and Basilisk which is another gigantic snake-like beast with petrifying gaze but they were able to pass through it.

In every battle, Fourth will act as the front line of the team. Tanking all the damages from their enemies while Leviathan, who is currently acting as the water guardian Gemini is supporting Fourth with his healing and ailment protection spells. Lucian the pixie is their control unit, slowing and interrupting enemy attacks with his light.

Altogether, the three of them acts in sync. Making them win all the battles they're facing every now and then.

Currently, they are resting for the night. Making themselves warm around the fire that Fourth kindled from the dry twigs and branches he gathered earlier.

"What are you doing?" Gemini queried as he stares at Fourth who is busy at the moment.

"Making our dinner. This will be done in a bit." Fourth answered while his attention is still on the fishes he's roasting. The smell of it filled the cave they are in, almost making Gemini and Lucian salivate in hunger.

They are resting earlier beside a pond which is just a walking distance from where they are now so Fourth decided to fish so they will have something to eat at night. However, since he grew up in the city, he doesn't even know how. That is where he remembered that Gemini is a merman. With pleading eyes, he turn around and ask Gemini to fish for him.

At first, the latter vigourously denied the request of Fourth. All his life, he never work his ass off his food. His servants are making it for him. He's a dragon prince and no one can order him around but Fourth did not just stop from there.

He pleaded even more while touching Gemini's chin. This is what he always does with Ford if he wants to ask a favor so he cannot decline. Hoping that this time, it will work with Gemini too and surprisingly, it did.

Making it too late for Gemini to realize that he said yes to the Lemurian prince. Shaking his head in disappointment, Gemini jumps into the pond and morphs into a siren to start fishing while Fourth gathers some dry twigs around as he whistles a song.

Going back, Fourth is now done cooking so he gave the two their part and started eating. His wings even spread unconsciously in every bite. Appreciating the delightful taste of fresh food.

Gemini on the other hand, can only stare at the prince of light as he devours his food like a gluton. Astonished as to how someone in royalty behaves like a commoner in front of him but one thing he did not realize, a smile slowly curved on his lips.

Lucian who is just observing the two could not help but to worry about the well being of the young prince. The two did not remember anything after they fell unconscious by the end of the ritual the other day.

He's sure of it. Gemini is a dragon not a siren as what he claims to be. What makes the pixie to worry more is the fact that there are only four dragons left after the great battle in between Harrow - the wise and Gabriel - the conqueror. That's Umbra and her three sons.

He wanted to tell his master about it but he cannot find an opportunity to do so hence Gemini is always with them. He must do something though. He cannot allow that monster to succeed in harming his master.

Even though he witnessed the ritual of the dragon's inferno, he still doubt if the young dragon will acknowledge it. Besides, it will be a great change in history if the two lineage would unite as one because of the two. That would surely create a conflict to the throne of Lemuria.