Chapter 8: The Battle at the Tree of Thorns

[ Raw Chap ]

In the midst of the woods, a fierce battle is about to commence between forces of good and evil.

Fourth's party was about to enter through the passage leading to the tree of thorns when they were ambushed by a giant ogre.

"Young man, you will not pass this way for I will eat you!" Said by the Ogre as he swings his flail on his right hand while holding the leash of his two hellhounds on his left.

Without hesitation, Fourth prepared for a combat as he positioned himself into an offensive stance. Holding his sword firmly with his masculine arms as if his life depends on it.

"Shut up, you ugly freak! Get out of the way or you'll feel the wrath of my blade!"

Hearing such insults from the young Fourth infuriates the ogre. Making him roar in anger as he let go of his hounds which immediately begin to strike.

"Prepare for a fight everyone! Gem assist me with your support magic. Lucian slow down the hounds!" Fourth give his instructions to his colleagues before he swiftly charges to the enemy.

With his powerful wings, he strides into the air in the speed of light as he swings his sword.

The ogre retaliates with his flail as well creating a loud sound of metals clashing every now and then.

"Lumiere! Behind you!!" Leviathan shouts a warning when he notices one of the hounds sneaking for an assault while Fourth is busy defending himself from the Ogre's attack.

As much as he wants to assist Lumiere, he's also occupied by the other hounds.

"Tsk...How many times do I have to tell you...just call me Fourth, Ai Gem." Fourth shot back with annoyance before he flew up to avoid the bite attack of the hound.

Leviathan was beyond astonished with the response he got. Even in this situation, Lumiere is still pushing him to address him by Fourth.

They had this little argument way before they reached here of what name he should use to address him. He likes to call the young prince by his Lemurian name Lumiere but the guy wants him to use Fourth.

Leviathan could not help but to shake his head in disbelief as he blasted the hound in front of him with water magic.

"You little pest! Feel my wrath!"

The Ogre shouted angrily as he prepared for another attack. The creature swings his flail in circular motion.  Charging it towards Fourth.

The latter was able to dodge the first strike but he never did with the second attack.

Fourth tried to defend it using his sword but its impact was so heavy that he was pushed back on the cliff nearby leaving a huge crack on its surface.

His groan of pain was heard in the air as he fell down in a loud thud.

"Master! No!!" Lucian cried out loud as he rushed towards the lying Fourth. "Gemini quick!! Help him!"

However Leviathan zoned out the moment he witnessed what happened. The sight of Lumiere's feathers scattering everywhere as his back hits the solid rock awakened a feeling so foreign to him.

The feeling of fear.

Fear of losing something valuable.

"Gemini!! What are you doing?! We need help here!!!" Lucian shouted once again and this time, Leviathan was now able to regain his senses.

Anger consumed him in an instant as it became visible in his eyes but the odd thing is, he could not find the reason why. It's just that he wanted to devour the ogre himself.