SEKAI

Dawn had just come the the Street SEKAI, golden light illuminating the tops of buildings and shining on posters in alleyways. Len had just barely woken up, seated across from Rin on the patio to MEIKO's café. He glanced around, feeling unusually calm, before noticing something strange. There wasn't usually much life, but plants and occasionally some insects appeared. Most of these insects were as bright white as the stage lights illuminate a rave, but some would appear in other shades too, as though a filter was on their white glow.
"Rin. What's that on your shoulder?"

Rin sleepily opened her eyes and glanced over. "A butterfly. Shouldn't you know that?"

Len angrily blushed. "That was one song!" She'd never gotten over that time he stole her fame from that song.

They dropped the topic and began to look for an area to hide from Miku and MEIKO, who would set up shop soon and always needed extra hands.

Len really meant something different with his comment, though. The butterfly was the same one they had tagged with a small, yellow sticker, but instead of pure white, it had some red spotting. This red was a deep red, like Len's blood in all the songs he dies in, and it came from the inside of the butterfly, though it was uninjured. There was no deep red like that in this world, that would absorb all light around.

"Hey guys, what brings you all the way out here?" Luka asked the two, who had strayed far by this point.

"Exploring," Rin dodged. "What about you?"

"Same," Luka answered, annoyed.

"Hey," Len commented, looking off into the distance. "Is one of them here already?!"

Luka glanced at the flash of light as the twins excitedly ran off. She rolled her eyes and walked away.

Kohane stood at the intersection of five alleyways. She looked even more timid than usual, and she was in her school clothes.

She dropped her bag and let out an "Eek!" at the sound of approaching children. She couldn't tell where they were coming from.

They popped up in front of her and she fell to the ground.

"What?" she questioned.

"We could ask you the same thing," Rin said, pulling her back to her feet.

"What are you doing here?" Len asked curiously.

"Can't she just be here?" Rin glared at Len. "Welcome back!"

Kohane bowed slightly. "Uh yeah... it's just... I'm sorry, I-I..."

The twins' eyes widened.

"I must've hit the wrong song and I'm really sorry but I'm in a rush today because I have club and they told me to be extra early and I can't let them down because Emu-chan is just too adorable and--" she rambled. "I gotta go! My mind was wandering so much! Bye!"

"Uh!" Before Rin could say anything she was already gone in another flash of light.

"Wonder what that was all about," Len mumbled. He perked up. "Wanna go find KAITO?!"

"Heck yeah!" Rin squeaked, going into vocaloid falsetto.

While the twins ran off on their extreme game of hide and seek, Luka saw another butterfly gain red spots before her eyes.