MEIKO's Stage

Another week passed of jogs around the park, marathon singing sessions, and, of course, intense singing and dance practices. All of VBS's soul went into the final grind leading to the performance. Finally, the day came near.

Toya entered the alleyway next to the live house. As he walked further in, he heard singing. Akito's voice. His pace subconsciously quickened. It would be their last performance before their gig opening that coming weekend.

"Hello, Akito," Toya said as he rounded the corner.

He scoffed from where he sat on the railing outside the back door. "You're all smiles today, Toya." 'What, did Shiraishi have her way with you today too?' He didn't dare say something like that out loud.

Toya felt that pang of anxiety he'd gotten the time he was late weeks before. He felt guilty for being excited to sing with him. "I suppose. Are you ready to practice?"

Akito really wanted to talk. He wanted to talk about An, ask if anything was going on. But, if he was angry about it, would that make him a jealous person? Would that make him gay? And why would they talk about some girl when they have RAD WKND to surpass?! There wasn't any time for 'girlfriends' muddying things up. Just friends. Friends you do normal things with.

"Yeah, let's get started."

Kohane drifted around the stage at the WKND Garage. It was so comfortable with the acoustics, she nearly knew her way around with her eyes closed. An watched her orbit as they sang the chorus to 'Unsung Melodies.' They'd gathered a pretty large audience into the back corner of the Garage, but a certain pair of girls with glowsticks stood out.

"Thanks for inviting us!" Minori said after she'd finally found a chance to pull Kohane and An aside.

"That was fun, Minori-chan. An, Kohane-chan, you both are great singers." Haruka smiled in relief. 'Plus, nobody recognized me.'

"Uwaaaa~!" Minori's eyes grew so big it was like they'd burst from her head.

Kohane winced a little in the light. 'Is this really how me and An-chan act..?' "Thank you both for coming."

"Yeah, but were the glowsticks really necessary?" An added.

"Are you a little jealous they're both for Kohane~?" Haruka teased.

"W-wait, I didn't mean to make you feel left out! I'm certain an 'An' fan will show up next time!"

An laughed. "Your friend really is adorable, Kohane-chan☆" she whispered.

Kohane felt her face heat up.  She tried to get back on track. "I'm happy we went out on a high note." It was their last performance before their first concert-length gig. She knew it would change them, for better or for worse. Everyone began to get pulled in separate directions as more people went to talk to the Vivids.

Kohane showed up at An's early the next morning. She opened the door, brushing her teeth. Even the toothpaste was sparkly with her. "Hm? You want to head there together?"

Akito showed up at the café Toya was eating breakfast at. Akito still didn't get how Toya could stomach his coffee black, but he'd need it for what was coming. "Good, you're eating. Are you almost ready to head over there?"

Len looked at the fuchsia inchworm crawling along the table, one of the only things he could see clearly. "You're a lot cuter than the bees we're getting lately, and those moths..." His voice was mellow.

Rin looked at the same neon green inchworm. "I don't see what's so special about it."

"It has little suction cups for feet--!" A flash of light interrupted his defense. "Ah! Let's go sing! They're here, they're here!" He grabbed her hand and they ran inside. The four of them had already began their stretches. They were in their dancing shoes and everything. Rin walked over to An, who was checking the supply bag.