Normal Pizza Parlor

"So, everyone, should we get one or two?"

"I think the real question is if we should get two or three, Toya-kun..."

"Three?!"

"See, now we're talkin' Kohane-chan! This is why I like you."

She let out a small hum. She didn't have much to eat, earlier. Come to think of it, she felt much more empty in general earlier, but part of that was being filled. Something about all of them together made her feel okay, no matter what they ate. "Hm, maybe~" She pushed An's shoulders with her own gently. Akito gave a small glare and she shyly smiled back. She was gal-pallin'.

"I could bring some home... Ena wouldn't dare with her 'PerFeCT SkiN' but my dad or Mizuki might..."

"Does Mizuki just... live there, now?"

"Pff, no~...." Akito took a sip of his water.

"Okay, so, three. Let's split it into fours, so that we can all have some of our topping choice. Uh... three pizzas makes...." An counted her fingers, "eight slices per pizza, so..."

Toya and Kohane exchanged a knowing glance. "Six slices per person." Kohane looked at him again in realization they don't usually have that.

An looked at Toya like a calculator alien probed his brain. "Yeah, yeah, what he said. Sa~♡" she turned to the waitress with her flirty waitress personality. "We would like three pizzas, one with six slices vegetarian and two slices..." she turned to Kohane, pointing at the menu.

"Uh, uh..." She hurriedly scanned the options, finding a type that she liked in most other places. "H-Hawaiian," she stuttered, before nodding her head determinedly to the waitress. The waitress was, in fact, a beautiful lady.

"Okay~, one with six veg and two Hawaiian, and the other two?" The lady gave a blinding smile.

"Uh-huh☆! One with four slices Hawaiian and four slices..." An's sharp eyes turned to Toya.

"Ah. Neapolitan, please."

"And then the last one is four-- no, two, excuse me, slices of Neapolitan and six slices..."

"Meat lovers. How do none of you have normal tastes in pizza?"

"Ignore him, he's grouchy."

"Trust me, there are people who order much stranger combinations." She gave a friendly smile to Akito, triggering his polite mode.

"Oh, well, if you ever need a normal slice some time, I'll treat you sometime, miss--" Kohane kicked him underneath the table. "A-apologies, that came out in the wrong way," he strained. The lady rolled her eyes and walked away. He shot a 'wtf' look at the usually mild-mannered Kohane, whose glare melted away into an exasperated laugh. They shared a small look of sympathy for the date gone weird.

Toya and An were busy chatting once more, Toya trying with little success to shift the topic off his potential feelings. Akito noticed he wasn't getting through to the dense girl. "I think you've talked enough, Shiraishi." An and Toya looked at him, Toya giving a nervous laugh that alerted An to her overbearing tendency.

"Oh, OH! Sorry, Toya-kun. We can talk about it another time if that makes you feel better."

He glanced into the aisle, avoiding their concerned looks. "That's okay." An nodded, sitting back in her seat. Kohane fidgeted, looking at Akito again and nudging him with her foot out of boredom. He raised an eyebrow at her, making her timid again, before smiling and returning the gesture. A warm smile crept to her face. Nothing was wrong with either of them. The date was just weird. Another minute passed by, everyone absorbed in their own thoughts.

"Hey, uh, Toya-kun..." An had a slightly downcast expression. He nodded, eyes narrowing. "What made you decide to take us all out like this?" The other two turned to him. There was a certain weight to the awkward way An had asked such a minor thing.

Toya's face tensed a little in concentration before loosening as he looked at her, now biting a lip. Her eyes looked alive, spotlights of the parlor glowing on her lashes. It was like she was on stage, but unmoving, within arms reach. His head tilted slightly to one side. "It seemed like you could use a pick-me-up. I... know we're not as close as you and Azusawa-san or me and Akito, for example, but... I want--"

"You're here for me?" An choked. Her eyes were misty but they softly smiled at him. Not quite what Toya envisioned but if it was enough for her it was enough. He let himself nod. "T-thank you, Toya-kun... You're a good friend."

"It's nothing, Shiraishi-san." He gently smiled.

"I think I'll go to the bathroom for a moment." She cleared her throat and stretched. "BRB!" The pep stunned everyone for enough time for her to leave.

"I..." Kohane anxiously looked at Akito, who kept his lips tight and nodded. "I'll go too."

"Okay..." Toya commented. Did he say the right thing? Was there any other options? Did he play too many RPGs with Kusanagi-san? Akito is still sitting next to him. Focus...