Kamiyama

Akito ran up to school, running behind. He thought he had the time to do all of his homework the morning of his test in English. Unfortunately, it nearly made him late. He made it in just as the gates were about to close. A certain sight made him pause. Toya was still outside. Moreso, his head was being patted by a certain ruby blonde headed man.

Akito approached, angry at first, before noticing Toya's expression. He said nothing as he walked past. Tsukasa noticed, but was too busy comforting the shaken kouhai to bother with his jealous "partner."

Akito sighed as he put his shoes away. As much as people would like to say Akito felt no shame, he felt a little relieved Toya hadn't seen him. That wouldn't be fair to him. Besides, nobody cares if Akito gets jealous. He's always disliked Tsukasa. Nothing makes this different. Akito trotted to homeroom, leaving this issue behind.

So cut to Akito in math. Teacher's explaining what a parallel line is. A certain anisong comes to mind. He realizes he doesn't ever want to separate from Toya in a very gay way. He can't stop thinking about it. The issue was not, in fact, left behind. He leaned over his desk, hands in fists.

'This is how I've felt about him since I could remember. So what, I'm gay? No! It don't make sense....' About a dozen pretty girls and previous female crushes came to mind. 'What the hell is wrong with me..?'

"Shinonome-kun. Can you tell me what parallel lines are?" the teacher pointedly asked.

"! Yes, ma'am!" He stood. "They're two lines that cross and then never meet again."

"No, those are intersecting lines. Sit. Kushieda-san. do you have an answer?"

"Uhhhh! I have a feeling this is a deceptively simple question." She slowly got to her feet. "Aren't they lines that never cross because they're always the same distance apart."

"Yes. Now, I think that wraps up today's lesson. In the politest way possible, scram. I have a lunch date." The students began packing their bags and filing out the door. "Oh, and do your homework, yada, yada, ask for help, blah blah."

After chasing people off the roof, Akito sat to eat his lunch. He didn't feel like trying to fit in with his usual friends. He damn sure didn't want to see Toya. Then again, while he could drop the façade and secrets, he was alone with his ◇thoughts◇. Why did he want to see Toya so badly in this moment? They had just seen one another yesterday. He didn't know he was this needy inside.

Akito never really paid himself much mind. If he saw an opportunity he leapt, if he was hurt he fought, if he was inadequate he sang. He sang. He sang and sang and sang until he was the best. It seemed, like, now, his conscious or inner-self or whatever was jumping out at him. It was shaking his bones to tell him to think about Toya more. Our boi here was too gay to function. Was this... what love felt like? His face dropped. It hurt so much... A spark behind him. Is this something... only he experiences?! Why must he be so different?

'Hold up...'

"Pfff HAHAHAHAHAHA!" He relaxed on the concrete of the roof.

He must just be overdramatic, saying stuff like this to be noticed like his older sister, and being so annoying about it like a certain character he knew who acted like he came out of a soap opera.

'Shit. I'm acting like that guy.' It all clicked now. He wiped a couple tears he didn't know were there. He had to grow up. Nobody cares that he thinks he likes a guy. He likes girls. Why make a fuss out of it if not for attention? Not everything was about him. He just has to get over himself.

After all, he's in high-school now. He lifted his head.

'You know what? It's about time I stop being such a chuunibyo. I'm angsting about all of this Toya stuff, but I know I ain't gay. I'm done with this. I'll ask her out today.'