13

Demi's POV

"Please get the other girls up, and I'll start making breakfast," I told Abby and Haley.

"Okay," Abby said as she ran out of the room with Haley right behind her.

"Oh yeah, but before breakfast I have to clean my face!" I called out to them. A few seconds later, Abby poked her head in my doorway and smiled, then went back to get the other girls up. I went into my bathroom, and as I washed my face, I tried to think of ways to get Abby and Haley back. Well, I might leave Haley out of it. I have a feeling that she didn't have much to do with Abby's trick.

When I was cleaned up, I went to the kitchen to find all four girls already waiting. I sighed as I sat with them. "Girls, I really don't feel like cooking. Do you just want to go somewhere?" I asked.

They all looked at each other in shock.

"Like, out to eat?" Kacie asked. I nodded, a bit confused at why they were all so surprised. Then all the girls smiled. "Yes!" Kacie called out.

I laughed. "Okay, well go get dressed and everything," I told the girls, who nodded eagerly and went to their rooms. I went to mine to change out of my pajamas and fix my hair. I put on barely any make-up before making my bed. I always hated this part of the morning.

I was the first one ready, surprisingly. Everyone was still in their rooms when I started my daily search around the living room for my keys.

Abby and Haley came down first, then Kacie, who held my hand as we waited for the last child.

"I'll be right back," I said as I tried to untangle Kacie's fingers from mine. She just didn't want to let go. "Kacie, I'll be right back, I just have to go check on Sammi," I said.

"Kacie, come here," Abby said as she wrapped her arm around her little sister. Kacie made a pouty face, but let go of my hand anyway.

I left the other three to find Sammi in her restroom. "Sammi, almost ready?" I called out.

"Yes!" I heard her reply in an irritated tone. Seconds later, she came out of her restroom with a frustrated expression.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I can't figure it out."

"Figure what out?" She held out a ponytail holder. "Would you like some help?"

"Yes please," she responded. I loved her manners.

"Okay, come here," I said as I sat on the edge of her bed. She walked over to me and stood with her back faced towards me. I put her hair n a high ponytail for her. "There you go," I cheered. She ran her ran down her ponytail, then turned around with a smile.

"Thanks," she said.

"Of course. Now come on. The others are waiting."

We walked to the others, and Kacie took my hand again. She was okay with letting me go when we got to my car.

"I love this song!" Sammi said when I turned on my radio. She started singing along to my song, Neon Lights.

"Girls, do you know who sings this song?" I asked.

"Who?" Kacie asked.

"I do," I responded.

"No way!" Kacie said.

"Prove it," Sammi told me. I smiled and started singing along to the song.

"She sounds just like the singer!" Kacie exclaimed.

"Sammi, Kacie, she IS the singer," Abby added.

"That's so cool!" Kacie shouted.

"So you're like famous and stuff?" Sammi asked.

"Yeah," I said with a giggle.

"That's so cool!" Kacie repeated.

Haley just silently smiled the whole time.

We finally made it to my favorite breakfast place, and I made sure all four girls were out of the car. "I want to sit by Demi," Kacie said as we were being seated. Kacie and I sat on one side of the table, and Sammi, Abby, and Haley sat on the other side with Abby in the middle.

We ordered our drinks, and the girls all get a variety of juices while I just got water. To eat, the girls ordered pancakes, eggs, and hashbrowns. They all wanted the same thing. I wasn't sure they'd be able to eat it all, though.

To my surprise, Sammi started eating with no trouble. I looked at my four girls, all of them so adorable, I couldn't help but smile. I think I'm finally getting the hang of this Foster Mom thing.