21

Demi's POV

"But I want to sleep with you," Kacie whined. We were both in my room, but I was trying to convince her to sleep in her room.

"Why don't you want to sleep in your own bed?" I asked.

"Because I want to stay with you."

"But big girls sleep in their own beds."

"No, you." Kacie clinched on to my pajama bottoms as I sighed. Abby was right. I wasn't prepared for how clingy Kacie has gotten. She won't let me out of her sight.

"Okay," I said, finally giving in. I climbed in bed and Kacie snuggled under the covers with me. I felt her breath against my neck as we fell asleep. The problem with Kacie sleeping with me is that she doesn't just sit still. She's always moving around in her sleep. She tosses and turns and her legs can't just stay in one spot. It's hard to sleep when she keeps kicking me and making the mattress move.

I waited until she was fast asleep, then I picked her up and carried her to her room. I looked at the clock. 3:42AM. I laid Kacie down on her bed gently, then quietly left the room. I was finally going to get some sleep.

Abby's POV

I felt someone snuggle into bed with me, and without opening my eyes, I instinctively draped my arm around them. I heard sniffles, and I peaked open to se Kacie looking up at me with a trembling lip. I opened both my eyes and rubbed them, now worried.

"Kacie, what happened?" She sniffled again and rubbed her teary eyes. "Was it a dream?" She shook her head. "Then tell me what's wrong."

"She doesn't want me anymore, Abby," Kacie cried softly.

"What do you mean?"

"I just wanted to stay with her, but she wouldn't let me. I fell asleep in her bed, but then she took me to mine and left. She doesn't want me. She's going to make us leave."

I stroked her hair as she cried into my chest. "Kacie, she still cares about us. But you get so clingy, that's sometimes she want to get some space. She just wants a good night sleep. No offense, but you're kind of a restless sleeper."

"Is she mad at me?"

"Of course not. She just wanted to get some sleep. There's nothing wrong. I promise," I tried to explain. "I'll help you talk to her about it tomorrow, okay? It's late, we both need sleep."

With that, we both went back to sleep. I've gotten used to Kacie's kicking around, so it doesn't bother me too much. I just hope that she will stop being so clingy to Demi.

Sorry this sucks. It's after midnight, but I can't sleep.
This story is going to be a short one, I can tell.
Thanks for reading