Storm on the Rise

The reason I am writing this chapter is bc it's 10:30ish at night and storming. (I STARTED THIS AN HOUR AGO???? A.K.A: 9:30 pm)

Mattholomule POV~

We walked through the forest, trying to relocate the castle. As we wandered clouds started to gather overhead. I knew a storm was coming and to say the least, I wasn't a fan.

We needed shelter, stat.

Gus motioned to a spooky-looking part of the forest that Gus seemed to know his way around. I tried not to jump at each sound warning us the storm was moving closer but with each step my actions were becoming increasingly more noticeable.

 Eventually, we reached a heavily decorated part of the forest. I felt eyes watching me and my every move. I looked up only to be met with eyes sparkling with mischief.

"This is where BQ lives, she might let us stay," He explained while treading a well-worn path.

"Who, may I ask intrudes this fine night?" A booming voice echoed.

"BQ? It's Gus, one of Luzes friends remember? I was the one with the flags during her trials."

"Ah, and who are these puny people? They look as if they have seen the end times."

"Uhhh? I guess they sort of have. But Matt is my best friend and Boscha and him experienced much together so she's cool."

"Well much to do then, settle down. Boys share back cave girl with me." the Bat Queen ordered.

Gus and I moved to the small sheltered cave in the back quickly, not wanting to test her patience. There we found a makeshift bed and a hole in the wall. From there you could see the storm clearly. I was hoping we would be further from any way I could see or hear the storm. Boiling hot drops fell and sizzled, falling onto the debris of the forest floor.

I cowered back from the wall, afraid of both the rain and the lightning following. I turned to another wall not wanting to face Gus after my reaction.

"Not a fan of storms huh, well I can't blame you but I find them quite calming. Why don't you come here." Gus commented softly patting the spot next to him.

I moved over at a slug's pace flinching at every crack of thunder. When I made it I looked over to see Gus making a face of pure understanding. No judgment, just beauty. My ears flicked back heating up and my whole face flushed. Gus didn't seem to notice and wrapped me in a hug. 

It was getting late and we were both content falling asleep in each other's arms. I felt something brush my forehead but only briefly

From there all of my worries melted away.

It was almost like a fairytale.

But fairy tales don't come true.

Gus POV~

I could tell Matty wasn't loving the storm so I pulled him into my arms, pretending not to notice how red he was.

After I was sure he was asleep I took a risk, just a small kiss on the forehead. Something simple. Bria already had gotten her hands on Matty more than once and she would try to do it again. I wanted this to be a promise that she would never ever touch him again.

But then, promises are only made to be broken.

(A/N) Well here is your fluffy chapter you all needed and I will never give you one this cheesy again. *Wink* *Wink* Seriously though ILY all. I hope you keep enjoying this rainbow-colored dumpster fire. 

*Proceeds too munch on gay bacon*

They better have their socks on or else this story would be really gay.

BYE,

RUBY <33333