Chapter Twenty-Four: A Hidden Alliance

"By my word, I give you immunity from the stronghold's enchantment." Tasra spoke, facing his flaring palm at Asha, who stood beside him. A black mist swirled around her then it vanished as well as the flare on his hands. In their usual black and white cloaks, respectively, they were both in the cabin, stood before the opened door down to the coven's underground stronghold.
Asha looked confused and felt nothing different. "What did just happen?"
"It's my spell." Tasra replied. The black mist around his body did not seem to disturb nor scare Asha. "For you to be not dizzy once we get down there."
"Oh, right! I remember!" Asha said in delight. "I don't know but I am feeling excited to see it."
"Don't be. There's nothing much to see there." Tasra said and offered his hand to her. "Shall we go now?"
Asha held his hand and nodded. He led their way and left the door behind them open. Usually, it was dark down there. Only the torches provided light. Asha was amused upon seeing its green flames.
"How do you feel?" Tasra asked her.
"Good. I don't feel any peculiar." Asha replied while glancing around. "Is anyone in your coven lives here? How big is this place?"
"Not exactly but few warlocks and witches were left here in guard. They look out for the chambers here. And, yeah, this place is under entire Mirillios and was built long ago, even before our ancestors were influenced by the power of the Black Rose."
"Woah..." Soon, after walking for minutes through the dark and silent corridors, they reached a hallway where they spotted a door that was guarded by two warlocks.
"Is this it?" Asha whispered to him.
Tasra nodded. "Yeah, this is where we keep the prince." When they both reached the door, the two warlocks bowed to him. They were about to open the door, yet they gave Asha a skeptical look.
"Sire, is she-" The one asked but was interrupted by Tasra.
"Sorcerer? Yes, she is. I assure you, she's with us." He glanced at the door and continued. "How is the prince?"
The warlocks were still puzzled but they shook their curiosity off their heads and responded. "The prince was yelling earlier, saying he wants to get out but now he's asleep. Do you wish to see him?"
"Yes, please."
They both nodded and opened the door for them. Tasra and Asha went in. The inside was still the same. Hagan was there, sleeping as his body was bound on the bed by a chain. The warlocks closed the door to give them privacy to talk. Tasra snapped his fingers. Hagan gasped as he woke up. His hair was frizzy, eyes slightly reddish, and face was pale. His eyes moved restlessly upon scanning his surroundings, until he noticed Tasra and Asha who stood before him. "Please! Let me go! I don't want to be here anymore!" His eyes were still anxiously glancing around. "My father must be looking for me!"
Tasra laughed. "The thing is, he won't. Even if he can."
The prince fixed his gaze on him. "What? What do you mean? I am the prince of Forgon! The son of Anfred Luison!"
Tasra ignored him and faced Asha. "Go ahead. Ask him anything."
Asha was quite hesitant when she was about to talk to him in his current state. Part of her pitied him but she won't forget what he did to them few days ago. She cleared her throat. "I just want to ask you something."
Hagan was surprised as he recognized her. "A sorceress! Help me! Set me free! This place drives me crazy! I hear voices everywhere and I can't even see anything clearly! Everything is fuzzy!"
Asha faced Tasra with a concerned look.
"That's what any other humans could feel if they enter here." Tasra told her. "You're safe with my spell."
She turned back to the prince. "Okay, I have questions and if you answer me, we'll set you free."
Tasra and Asha didn't glance at each other. They already understood that it was just a trick for Hagan. As he heard it, the prince calmed down. "What is your question, my fellow sorcerer?"
"I wish to go back to the Second House of Light Sorcery." Asha spoke, walking towards him. "My grandparents were, once, among the supreme light sorcerers. I know that they are dead long ago and there's no other Deheron left there. Even so, may I return there and formally recite my oath again for me to claim my rights as a supreme light sorceress?"
Hagan laughed. "It is possible...It is written in our laws that..." He coughed and continued. "...that any royal-blooded sorcerer who neglected their House for a long time can claim their rights again, for as long as they are a descendant of any supreme light sorcerers."
Asha can't hide her smile and turned to Tasra. "Did you hear that? Gods, I can't wait to visit them!"
Tasra was happy for her, too. Even that she's a supreme light sorceress in Galem, and him being a superior warlock, he was optimistic that it won't affect their relationship, even though she has to travel to different land. "I can bring you to Galem anytime. I can make you travel across the Black Mist." 
"But there's this one thing..." Hagan continued. "Ever since our alliance with the Highest House of Light Sorcery, the supreme light sorcerers have changed..."
Asha raised an eyebrow at him. "What do you mean?"
"Oh, don't you know? Back then, the Highest House of Light Sorcery has nothing to do with the war against Mirillios. Until one time, the Highest House was forced to neglect their neutrality and decided to join them in propagating peace by making the warlocks and witches of Mirillios extinct..." He shifted his scornful glance at Tasra. "...As these people bear the curse of the Black Rose!"
"And who is them?" Tasra interrupted.
Hagan laughed once more and continued. "I don't know, and I am not certain if they will accept you, Deheron. Since they will always know that you've sided with these warlocks." 
The joy in Asha's face has faded. Tasra's eyes flared pink. He rushed to him and grasped his throat. "Tell me, who are they?"
"Don't you really know? It is the Coven of the White Lotus who wants you all dead. They are the heart of alliance against the Black Rose Curse which dwells among this land. From then, they formed an alliance with the Highest House of Light Sorcery and soon, the mighty Forgon joined them." He turned to Asha. "That's all you need to know. So, PLEASE FREE ME NOW! LET ME BE WITH MY FATHER, THE KING-" His words fell off as Tasra tightened his grasp. His hand flared purple for a second, then it quenched right away.
"Sure, I will let you be with your father..." He released him and turned away. "...in after life." Everything that Hagan said made him quite nervous. The Coven of the White Lotus. Suddenly, he remembered the symbol of the white lotus on Luison's head as he fought him before. No wonder why his magic was stronger than the rest of his army.
Asha was also confused for she did not know what the Coven of the White Lotus was. She never heard anything about it. Not even a single word from her grandparents when she was young. Asha softly held Tasra's arms. "Come on, Honey. Let's go."
Surprisingly, Tasra yanked off. "What was he saying?" He faced Asha, with his anger still flaring in his burning blossom eyes. "The Coven of the White Lotus? What do you know about it?"
Asha was astounded to speak. "I...I don't know Tasra. I'm sorry, I really don't know." 
The flares in his eyes died, but there was still a trace of vexation in his face. Tasra took a deep breath and shook the thought out of his head. "It's alright. Let's go."
Together, they went out of the room, leaving the prince's body withered and lifeless.