𝟬𝟬𝟴 ━ newt's song

finish line! chapter eight
━ newt's song

When you lose someone you love, it hurts. The pain is unbearable. It gets so bad that you just can't do it anymore. It was like a piece if your heart had been lost with them, like it hurt to live without them. But I need to be strong...for Newt.

Thats why I started singing. To take the pain away. To get everything off of my mind. When singing, it made me feel good, my pain being expressed through the lyrics in my song.

So, here I am sat in my former self, Stiles, room writing a song for him. There was a talent show in school this weekend and I put myself on the list. It was a spontaneous decision but I felt like I had to do it, for him.

Everyone is going to be there. Basically the whole town. And it's tonight. Nerves crept up my body, my leg bounced even as I was walking to my front door. I let out a breath and ran an hand through my curled hair.

I checked the time to see it was 10 minutes till the show started. Cursing, I ran to my jeep and drove five minutes to school. It wasn't actually that short, it was around ten, but I was speeding, oops.

"Hey. Mr Russell. I'm here." I yelled weaving through the crowd behind the curtain.

"Stiles! Good, your up." He replied pushing me onto the stage, without any preparation

As I tripped on, but caught myself, everyone stopped talking and stared dumbfounded at me. I took a deep breath. Do it for Newt. Come on Thomas. Do. it. for. Newt.

I walked over too the microphone. The music started, it was slow. The piano began to play, leading me in.

"Did you lose what won't return?

Did you love but never learn?

The fire's out but it still burns

And no one cares, there's no one there." My eyes began to become glossy, memories of my family and I flashed through my mind.

"Did you find it hard to breathe?

Did you cry so much that you could barely see?

You're in the darkness all alone

And no one cares, there's no one there" This part of the song reminded me of Newt trying not to give into the virus. He was trying not to attack because he knew he didn't want to.

"But did you see the flares in the sky?

Were you blinded by the light?

Did you feel the smoke in your eyes?

Did you, did you?

Did you see the sparks filled with hope?

You are not alone

'Cause someone's out there, sending out flares."

A tear rolled down my cheek but I stayed strong, I let a small smile fall onto my lips as the piano played, my hands fiddled with the microphone stand.