Chapter Twenty-Eight

AUTHOR'S POV

By the end of it all, everyone was left devastated.

There were preliminary matches going to be held between the rivals who were chosen.

It wasn't just done to test out their new skills which they were about to acquire in a few weeks time but also because HM Orion wanted to eat popcorn and have fun.

The days and dates were set.

24th January

10:30am
Capricorn vs Pisces

6:00pm
Aries vs Cancer

25th January

10.30 am
Gemini vs Libra

6.00pm
Leo vs Aquarius

26th January

10.30am
Taurus vs Virgo

6.00pm
Scorpio vs Sagittarius

Ophiuchus wanted to console the signs as everyone was sad. So he revealed that picking chits was just a facade the rivals were already chosen by Orion coz he wanted some fun.

Aries marched in the office and was hurling profanities towards Orion in front him.

Orion did not give shits and kept laughing away by dismissing the disrespect by saying, "Aries, you look so funny while you're angry."

Finally Ophiuchus brought Aries out of the office and others tried to calm him down.

"I think y'all should take tomorrow off, considering that from day after tomorrow u won't be seeing the person you are paired up with." Ophiuchus says.

"Wait why? I mean we can meet them right?" Aries questions.

"No. The person you are paired up with is forbidden to meet you alone.

You cannot meet them as it exposes the risk of you making a plan to tie the match which is absolutely unacceptable as one needs to loose and feel the humiliation and weakness in them to improve themselves." Cassie intervenes from behind as she and Cephus come walking down the hallway.

"Anyways, I suggest that you all should spend the whole day with your rival tomorrow especially if you are not on good terms because the competition is going to worsen your relation with your rival." Ophiuchus says.

After saying this, Cassie and Ophiuchus go away but Cephus stays.

"All the best to everyone. I will be personally working with all of you to increase your skills and percentage of winning in your match." Cephus says.

"You? You will be biased towards some people." Capricorn points out and Scorpio scoffs.

"I will not be. You do not need to worry about it." Cephus replies.

"Oh yeah!! I definitely believe you!!" Scorpio rolls his eyes.

"Scorpio. If you do not wish to learn from me, then fine u can learn from any other person u want to learn from.

Same rules apply to anyone who does not want to learn from me.

But keep in mind, I am stronger than Cassie and Ophiuchus and have been a better guide to students before. You may go to them but your chances of winning may lessen by a great number-"  Cephus says but is cut off by Scorpio who walks away mid sentence.

AQUARIUS' POV

Scorpio walks away and Capricorn follows him to talk with him.

Cephus also bids his goodbye.

The rest of us leave towards the mansion too.

-TIME SKIP-

I see Leo and Gemini talking about something in the kitchen as I am descending down rhe stairs towards it.

I realise that I don't actually know Leo that much.

I maybe did not give him a chance or maybe we did not give each other a chance because I basically replaced Leo in Sagi's life.

Obviously I am the better person. Not in a cocky way but it's just a fact that Leo wasn't able to keep a good bond with Sagi.

I walk towards them with these thoughts when Gemini calls out to me.

"Aqua, what are u doing here?"

"Just to take coke." I reply to which Gemini quickly reacts and opens the fridge.

He grabs the can of coke and hands it over to me.

"There u go, milady." he winks.

"Get a room, you two." Leo rolls his eyes as he looks at his blur reflection in the fridge and runs his hand through his hair.

"Hey Leo!" I smile politely.

"Hey Aqua! So we're hanging out tomorrow it seems?" Leo asks me with a smile too.

"Oh yeah! What would u like to do?" I ask.

Gemini opens the cab for me till then and offers it to me. I eye him and he winks at me before doing a kiss face at me. Such a tease.

"How about a spa day?" Leo suggests with a relaxed expression in his face. Probably thinking about spa.

"Yeah. Leo needs to get his mind off a certain someone." Gemini elbows Leo in the stomach and teases him with a smirk.

"Really?" I glance at Gem and then ask Leo with a smirk.

"Oh shut up Gemini. Can't ever keep anything inside ur stomach." Leo rolls his eyes again.

"For that Leo, I am going to reveal to Aqua what's on ur mind." Gemini laughs and continues."He is whipped for Taurus."

"What? I never saw that coming." I honestly reply. Maybe I never noticed it.

Leo just sighs and there is an awkward silence as Gemini's phone rings and he goes away to talk to his friend from another school.

" Well you really wanna go do spa? It's kinda boring. Let's go ice skating."
I say and break the ice. (get that pun?)

"I don't know how to do it. What if I fall? My face will be ruined mate." Leo dramatically sighs.

"Oh come on! I'll teach you!" I say.

Gemini comes back.

"What's your plan for the evening?" He asks the both of us.

"Nothing." I say and Leo nods in agreement.

"My friend wants me to go to a party, y'all wanna come?" He asks.

"Sure. Can I call Taurus too?" Leo asks.

"Of course. You can call any of your friends too Aqua." Gemini smiles.

And I just smirk in return.

I'm gonna definitely call Mark.

For those who don't remember, Mark is the guy from earlier who Gemini is very much jealous of.

This is the first update. It's literally 01.27am rn. lol.

I hope y'all keep reading and support me once again.

I'll post the next chapter till day after tomorrow for sure. I wanna keep the updating pace steady for a few days before it gets slow again as said in the apology chapter.

See y'all in the next chapter. Keep reading! Love y'all fr.

Kudos.