Best Friends.. Maybe Something More

Dani's P.O.V- The next morning I woke up to a huge ass cramp in my back. Bloody hospital beds I swear.

I looked over to my right and there slept Grayson, drool running down his face, little snores filling the room, his legs spread apart and his one arm hanging off the chair. I couldn't help but laugh at the sight.

Looking to my left, there was Ethan, literally in the same position. Twin telepathy i guess. Moments later I heard my stomach growl. Breakfast time! Is food here really bad as what people say? Because if it is Imma need a word with these people.

Then, I heard the loudest groaning noise come from my left. I looked over wide eyed at Ethan. His face was scrunched up while making some weird ass dinosaur noise.

I poked him in the arm, "Ethan? You good?"

He opened his eyes then covered his face with his hands, "JESUS CHRIST! ITS TOO BRIGHT."

"ETHAN SHUT THE HELL UP. SOME PEOPLE WANT TO SLEEP."

Turning to my side, there was Grayson with a pissed off look on his face. His eyes soon met mine and his gaze softened.

"Hey Dani, you get to leave today." Grayson smiled, grabbing hold of my hand. Looking down, I blushed at his actions.

My stomach of course, decided to sound like a dying whale at this point.

"I'll go get us some food." Ethan laughed as he walked out the door.

I'm sure my face is redder than a firetruck right now.

"Dani?"

I looked over at Grayson, worry filled his eyes.

"Yeah?"

"Are we all okay? Between us? We really miss you. And I am so, so, so sorry! I know we should have came and asked you first, try harder, find out the truth-"

I cut him off, smiling, "Grayson, yes you're forgiven. It's okay."

He pushed me over a little on the bed and cuddled up next to me, his head in my neck, arms around my waist.

Seconds later, Ethan returned with piles of food, a confused look on his face.

"What is-"

"She's forgiven us." Grayson beamed.

Ethan instantly set the food down and jumped on top of me.

"DANI I HAVE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" He planted kisses all over my face.

"Ew cooties." I stick my tongue out at him.

Ethan sat up and pouted, "I do not have cooties..but fine. No food for you then."

What. No. My food. Don't mess with my damn food.

"WAIT. I'm sorry Ethan."

"That's what I thought." Ethan grabbed the tray of piled food and brought over to me. Grayson reached out to grab a pop-tart, but Ethan slapped his hand.

"What the hell?" Gray growled.

"No touchy till dani eats."

I smiled at his words. Good. Because I am starving! But of course, Grayson let out a whine.

"But I'm hungry too!"

"Here. Now shush up so I can eat in peace please." I broke some of my food in half and gave it to him. A smile plastered on his face.

"Thank you Baby Dani." I rolled my eyes at the nickname. I've always hated it.

"Hello Dani. How are you today?" My eyes shot up to the man in the white coat. Oh hell no. I waved to Dr. Fitz, in hopes of him leaving sooner.

"Oh come on now, don't be shy, we're close friends." Dr. Fitz smile was warm but his eyes were dark with something most doctors shouldn't have, lust.

Grayson sat up as he felt my body tense, pulling me closer to him. The heat from his body and his scent calmed me down. Which sounds completely weird but it's true. Whatcha gonna do?

"She's fine." Ethan mumbled.

"Anyway, you do get to leave today. But please do be careful, wouldn't want you back in the hospital for this reason." As he spoke, I heard him emphasis 'this reason', shivers ran down my spine at the thought of what he was thinking.

"We would like to leave. Now." Grayson growled.

The Doctor nodded and left, moments later, a nurse came in and tools every wire or cord or whatever out of me, wincing each time she did.

Grayson helped me up and kept hold of my hand making me blush. Does he like me? He can't yet. Can he? I mean, he has been getting close lately. But maybe he feels bad?

"Dani? You ready?" Ethan poked my cheek as we headed to the front entrance.

"We already checked out?" I puzzled. What?

"Yeah. Grayson signed you out while you looked a little, lost in space I guess. Are you alright?" Both of them looked at me concerned.

I nodded, "Yeah! I'm just thinking."

"You can always talk to us." Grayson smiled, kissing my cheek. Ethan nodded in agreement.

"To the car!" Grayson screeched, I laughed the whole walk there.

But one thing wouldn't leave my mind.

I finally have my two best friends back.