~71~

Chapter 71
•••

"Anna,"

Her name softly rolled on his tongue as he walked towards her. All of his tiredness suddenly disappeared just by getting a glimpse of his wife.

"We need to talk about something,"

Anna muttered making him frown in confusion wondering what she wants to talk about but then he quickly remembered the chaos that has happened today. She has probably watched the news as well.

"I've to say something, Ivan" Anna said once again pulling him out of his thoughts. Within a single glance, all of his men were out of the space in living room leaving them alone.

"Anna,"

"I've realised how fast you have moved on from our past. It's actually good though. Just because we're in separation, doesn't mean you have to hold on to it."

"Anna look, it was all caused because of some stupid misunderstanding. Whatever you've heard and saw about me, is completely false. It's a lie, Anna" Ivan said, the urge in his voice to explain everything to his wife before she gets a wrong idea of him in any manner. Her husband isn't like this.

"I was never dating anyone, It's just a stupid false rumour that someone has spread" Ivan explain.

For a moment, Anna's eyes could be seen glimmering. There was an unknown hope in them. They were red looking as if they've shed so many tears.

But then once again, her mind clicked. It didn't let her show her emotions. She stayed blank. Completely emotionless. As if Ivan's any word doesn't have any kind of effect on her. As if they don't leave any impact over her.

"Believe me, Anna. I'm not lying. Goddamn it why would I even lie to you. You're the only woman I have and I want to be with in my entire life."

He cried through his eyes. His eyes were showing tonnes of emotions. They were tired but the glow ignited in them at the mention of her being in his life.

"How am I supposed to believe you? What if you're lying to me? How am I supposed to trust your words?" Anna asked. Ivan looked at her with widened eyes.

His eyes were showing a mixed emotion of dismay and disappointment at the same time.

Just how much distanced did they've become that Anna can't even bring herself to believe in Ivan's words. She wasn't trusting him anymore. It was breaking his heart into million of pieces that he might not be able to collect if Anna continued like this.

"Anna, i thought you trust me. I love you and I will never lie to you. but you-"

"I'm not the only one, Ivan. You did the same in the past. Remember, when I tried mirroring you with the truth of your past, you just -" Anna felt her voice getting weaker and weaker with each and she couldn't complete.

The ominous and tragic sight of her losing her child, Crossed her mind. She felt her wounds getting fresh again. They were hurting her once again.

The pain was just so much that she could even feel it in herself. Her body was getting weaker. Her limbs were shivering badly. The ominous past of them that brought tears into her eyes.

"Anna-- oh my?" Ivan asked worriedly as he saw her breaking down into tears. He quickly engulfed her in his tight embrace.

Wrapping his arms securely around her fragile self as he could see her sobbing badly. His heart clenched in pain seeing her breaking down so miserably.

"Anna, please don't cry" he requested. His voice went raspy as he tried to ignore the pain in his chest and throat. It felt like as if he was preventing himself from crying. He was well aware about that.