Here in Space

Also known as: Infiltration (3)!

Content/Trigger Warning:
This story MAY contain disturbing scenes, violence, blood, and fearplay...ish.

...

Glade stepped onto the large spacecraft, feeling his boots hit the solid metal with echoey, resounding thuds. He scanned his surroundings, eyes darting around quickly, like a wary mouse, or something else of the sort.

The first thing he spotted was the human, towering over him like a mountain.

He flinched, almost turning around and bolting right off of the ship, before another Parvus greeted him, stepping out from the shadow of the giant. "Hello! I presume you to be Glade?" The Parvus asked, lifting up both palms to meet his. Their eyes were soft and brown, but their posture was tense. "I'm Luxin. Nice to meet you."

Glade shot another look at the giant creature, still sitting there, eyes narrowed, and let out a faint squeak of distress. "Y-Yes, it is good to meet you too, Luxin. I... did not know this was a ship under the CBHaP Program..."

After two Parvus had essentially saved their entire species from humans, yet had brought them over to discuss peace with the Parvus officials, the two species had struck up a form of what humans called, a "peace treaty".

With it came the Co-operation Between Humans and Parvus Program, where certain ships between the two species would be open to both. And usually, to keep the Parvus crew from dropping out entirely, that detail was often left out of the information section on the ship.

This was the case that Glade ran into, when he joined the Volans Hospes, looking for a role in Engineering.

Luxin looked up at the human briefly, before hissing to Glade, "I did not know either. I am extremely scared right now, and I cannot fathom how the Parvus government even believed that this was a good idea," - A not-so-subtle gesture to the human - "It keeps on baring its teeth! Its stomach just growled! Are we not going to die due to its ravenous appetite?!"

Glade sidled closer to Luxin, clasping his hands with theirs. "We must stay cautious, Luxin. And that's all I can say for now."

He felt himself tremble as the human rested its gaze on him. He gulped nervously, and flinched when the human abruptly stood up, and stomped away at a frighteningly rapid pace, loud booms briefly vibrating the metal planks underneath his feet.

Just what had he gotten himself into?!

...

Soon, their fourth member, Cali, had arrived, and he shared Luxin and Glade's trepidation, if not with an even stronger sense of terror.

"Oh, I've heard humans are beastly!" He cried, his legs trembling. "My friend informed me that they especially love the smell of fear! What if it can smell us now? In the walls? What if it wants to eat us?!"

Glade and Luxin shared looks of concern.

"Surely that's not true -!"

"Would your friend lie to you -?"

Cali shook his head, leaning into a much taller Glade. "He was so serious about it. He's normally such a cheerful person... no, he couldn't have been lying. He actually believes it."