Savior with Claws

I'm going to use Paperlicense borrow-verse for this rushed oneshot. Go read their stories, they're really well written!

I'm going to include my own small tidbits of info that are my headcanon, and may not be accurate to what "Paper" had in mind.

Enjoy!

...

Kitley darted through the shadows of the huge house, trying to stay out of sight of the human. He brushed his hair up, breathing slowly, trying to calm his nerves. He sat down, waiting for the lumbering giant to walk past him.

That was too close.

He stared up at the countertop, high above him. It was tall, and imposing. Just like everything in this blasted world.

When he was sure the human had left the kitchen, he stretched himself to his full 4 inches, and used his clawed hands to dig into the wooden walls of the countertop.

Being a Ravager had its perks.

Kitley was a Ravager, an evolved species of borrower that was around double the height of a normal borrower's 2.1 inches. Ravagers had sharp, clawed hands, making climbing hooks unnecessary, and making hunting prey and defending against predators infinitely easier.

But what truly made Ravagers a force to be reckoned with, was their fangs, and by extension, their bite. Kitley was a Fanged Ravager, making his bite similar to that of a venomous snake's.

But, believe it or not, being not much bigger than a finger had its disadvantages as well. Like... humans...

As Kitley scaled the countertop, he surveyed his surroundings. Endless waves of gray and white. He rolled his eyes. The classic human living style. Surrounded by drab grays and whites. No color at all!

Something caught his eye. He stared intently at the source of... movement? Kitley could've sworn he saw a flicker of movement...

There!

Kitley spotted a flash of moving cloth dart behind the toaster... conveniently located in the corner of the kitchen.

The Fanged Ravager felt a strange pang of excitement rush through him. Another borrower, after years of never seeing one!

He quickly pulled himself over the edge of the marble, cringing as his claws left marks on the stone. Oh well.

Kitley raced over to the toaster, and peered at the small entrance next to him. It barely reached his chest...

He heard a flash of warning, remembering what his mother had said.

"Not all borrowers like Ravagers, Kitley. You might get attacked."

Kitley gazed at the borrower entrance longingly. It was dangerous, but he wanted to go in so badly.

Sorry, mom.

He shook away the pangs of guilt and hurt, and dropped down onto all fours. He fit inside the tunnels snugly, and before he knew it, he was in.

He crawled through the pathways, sniffing around every few minutes. It was surprisingly clean, not much dust in sight.

Whoever lives here must be really clean.

He turned a corner, and was hit with the faint, overpowering stench of chocolate and crackers, and wrinkled his nose. Not the best choice of food, but hey, when did any borrower get to choose?

As he snaked through another tunnel, he spotted the faint glow of a well-lit room. As he neared the entrance, he could hear the faint sounds of talking.