Infiltration (2)

WARNING:
There is blood, murder, and dismemberment in this story.

...
DAY 8

Fiona gazed at the vitals module on her tablet absentmindedly, as Mason and Hayli and continued rewiring the busted energy core to a power reserve. The gentle blue glow always soothed her, and when times were tense, when she felt too nervous, she's simply watch the flowing LEDs on the screen, slowly shimmering.

SELF [Fiona]:
HRT: [82] BPM
O2: [98]%
HLTH: [STABLE]
ST: [AWAKE]

[Edgar]:
HRT: [47] BPM
O2: [94]%
HLTH: [STABLE]
ST: [SLEEPING]

[Garrison]:
HRT: [189] BPM
O2: [145]%
HLTH: [STABLE]
ST: [SLEEPING]

[Hayli]:
HRT: [202] BPM
O2: [168]%
HLTH: [STABLE]
ST: [AWAKE]

[Kylar]:
HRT: [80] BPM
O2: [100]%
HLTH: [STABLE]
ST: [AWAKE]

[Lexi]:
HRT: [57] BPM
O2: [96]%
HLTH: [STABLE]
ST: [SLEEPING]

[Mason]:
HRT: [83] BPM
O2: [92]%
HLTH: [STABLE]
ST: [AWAKE]

[Vanessa]:
HRT: [41] BPM
O2: [63]%
HLTH: [STABLE]
ST: [SLEEPING]

It was technically nighttime, and she, Hayli, Mason, and the others were technically meant to be in their rooms, trying to sleep. But just like the others, that are listlessly wandering around the ship, looking for things to do, who really could?

She shivered, recalling Edgar's words. There were people on the Clara Solis that wanted to kill everyone. The live feed from the other ship was a testament to that.

They were helpless to these... aliens. They were identical to humans; could do anything a human could.

How would they be stopped at all?

"F-Fiona?" A timid voice caught her attention, and she turned around to face Hayli, who had stopped for a moment to face her. "Are you... alright? You're shaking."

Fiona looked down in alarm, looking at her pale, trembling hands. "Oh gosh, I am..."

"We're all scared," Mason murmured, her attention on the wires, flinching as the busted core sparked. "Don't worry, Fiona. We can keep each other safe!" She brandished a thick, heavy cable in one hand. "This sector has the most tools; perfect to defend ourselves, yeah?"

"Yeah..." Hayli said, sighing. "I just wish we didn't... have to get mixed up in... all of this."

Fiona nodded, slipping away the tablet to join the two kids. "Couldn't have said it better myself, 'Lee. This whole situation sucks." She flashed a quick grin at him, and he shied back - what a strange kiddo. "But Mason's right. We can protect each other from the big bad aliens."

"Yeah..." Hayli said again, quieter. "Yeah..."

...

DAY 10