What happened?

Hi! I hope you're enjoying the story so far, if you have any suggestions please comment!

xoxo

~

"Look!" Karlee yells, pointing at the TV.

On TV the LA beach is in the background, while the news reporters talk about the crocodiles on the beach.

"Only a few were injured, including a young lady visiting as a vacation." The reporter said then it went to the weather.

"Do you think the girl injured was Sloan?" Karlee asks flipping through a phone book quickly.

Jade looks up, and reaching for her phone.

"I wouldn't hurt to check...." She says and Karlee shows her all the hospital numbers.

My phone beeps and I quickly grab it.

From: Ruby

I just heard about the crocodiles, are you guys safe? You texted me yesterday telling me that you guys were going there.....

Please text back, I'm worried!!!!

I look up at the other girls, Jade is talking on the phone and Karlee is writing down all the hospitals numbers in California.

"Guys, I found her!" Jade screams as she runs to put her shoes on.

"She's at the WestRock hospital, we can get a cab and get her!"

"Is she okay?" Karlee asks jamming her feet into her shoes.

"They said she has a broken ankle." Jade replies as they leave the room.

I quickly slip my feet into flip-flops, I shove my phone into my beach purse and close the door.

"Thank the lord." I say stepping into the elevator.

We walk outside of the hotel and find a cab.

"WestRock hospital." Jade orders.

I pull out my phone, looks like Ruby wasn't kidding when she said she was worried.

To: Ruby

Hey, we're on our way to the hospital, She broke her ankle. So she may have to go home early, because health care isn't covered here.

ttyl.

I press send and I put my phone away.

"So guys this means that Sloan is going to have to leave early, which means in some place we can spend an extra week if we leave here a tad early." Jade says searching like a hawk for the hospital.

"Well it won't be Hawaii, it's too expensive." I say, everyone knows that I love Hawaii.

"Look there's the hospital." Karlee shouts.

The cab pulls to a stop and Karlee pushes me out and runs for the door. Jade throws money at the driver yelling:

"Keep the change!"

We all run to the front desk

"Is there a girl-"

"Sloan at the beach-"

"Brown hair, shorter_"

"ONE AT A TIME!" The lady shouts.

A nurse walks by and looks at the lady.

"Ms. Moriz is ready for her breakfast." The nurse says.

"Sloan Moriz?" I say hopefully.

"Y-yes." The nurse says slowly.