Sunny with a Chance of a Player

"Wow, it's pretty sunny for Dublin." Karlee says looking out the window.

"Okay, guys, I'll see you in a couple hours." I say reapplying my lip gloss.

"Why are you going to this thingy?" Jade mumbles with her head planted into the couch.

"Okay, first of all, it's an education conference and second of all they are looking to publish my book I've finally finished writing!" I reply slipping into high heels.

"You mean the one you're writing on the computer? About a love story and how it interrupts with her work and a bunch of other shi -"

"Yes, that one!" I say smoothing the light purple sundress. The shoulders spill down the top side of my arms. The skirt is flowy and loose, a perfect match with my wavy blonde hair and high nude coloured heels.

"Oh. Well have fun...." Karlee replies.

"Ha, I'll try..." I reply before stepping out of the hotel and into the long hallway.

As I make my way across the lobby I see the taxi out front for me, called by Karlee.

"The convention centre, the one attached to the publisher." I say as I climb into the back.

As the taxi speeds away I start to see downtown, it's massive! I press my face against the window and look at the tall buildings, towering the city. The taxi comes to a stop with a group of other taxis. I give him a bill then climb out. As I look around it resembles New York, but with more class and beauty. I turn around and see a huge magazine editor building then see the convention centre right beside. I smooth out my dress and walk to the rotating doors. The inside is beautiful, its gold and has huge chandeliers. I take a breath and take it all in then make my way to the front desk.

"Ello dear, can I'elp you?" The lady says with a thick Irish accent.

I almost loose my thought when I hear here voice. Suddenly a man scoots in front of me and starts talking to the receptionist.

"File these as quickly as possible. I'm on my coffee break..." He says smiling then winks, his accent isn't the same as her's.

She giggles and bats her eyelashes.

"Right away Mr. McBlock!" She says, smiling and almost drooling.

I can't exactly see his face, only the back of his head, which is covered in very dark red hair.

"Thanks darling." He says then turns around.

He looks up at me as he walks by, smiling. All I can do is roll my eyes and walk forward.

"I'm here to see a Ms. Hodkins?" I say, standing with my arms crossed.

She slightly jumps back, hearing my voice.

"Oh, my, not from around'ere are we?" She says putting the last of the paperwork away.

"No, and I'm late now for the conference..." I reply looking at her.

"Oh, you're'ere about the book..." She exclaims then presses a button.

"A Miss..what did you say your name was?" She turns and asks me.

"Uh, Aloisia, Vinner." I reply.

"Miss Vinner?" She says.

"You may go up, level fifteen. She'll be waiting by the elevator for you."

"Thanks." I reply.

"Where do those large doors lead?" I ask.

"To the magazine editors next door." She replies.

I nod and walk across the huge room to the golden elevator. As I step out of the elevator a middle aged woman welcomes me.

"Ello, I'm Mrs. Hodkins." She says extending a hand.

"I'm Aloisia Vinner." I reply.

"Oh yes, I know! I simply adore your book!" She says.

"Oh, thank you." I say, flustered.

"Ms. Vinner, oh it's so good to finally meet you!" A man says shaking my hand.

"How is this for the cover?" He says as he reveals a beautiful painted cover.

"Oh, it's stunning!" I excitedly exclaim.

"Isn't it though? Come now, we must get to the conference." She says then leads me to a huge room, then the fun begins.

"This book will teach woman that they may dream about finding love, and they may. But it shouldn't put your career and other dreams down. This book is a fictional story about a young woman who thinks she fall sin love then realizes she's being played. She starts to get her life back on track. Woman need to know that there is happiness in this world that doesn't need romance." I say to ten people, mostly men sitting around a long wooden table.

Slowly they start to clap and on the other end of the table, the man directly across from me stands.

"Welcome, to CountryLand publishing my dear." He says.

A smile spreads across my face, and I turn to my editor, Mrs. Hodkins.

"Now all we have to do is find a way to spread the news." Someone at the table said.

"Isn't there magazine editors next door?" I say raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, brilliant idea Miss Vinner." A man says.

"Mrs. Hodkins take her across to the magazine building."

"Of course!" Mrs. Hodkins agrees and walks behind me.

I smile and walk over to the publisher, he reaches out and shakes my hand. Then I turn and walk out of the room with Mrs. Hodkins. As I walk out I see the same man as in the lobby. I lean over to Mrs. Hodkins.

"Who is that?" I say gesturing to the man.

"Him? Oh that's Colin McBlock. He's a magazine writer and editor and I advise you to stay away from him." Mrs. Hodkins whispered.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because he's trouble." She replies.

"He's a down right player and knows it. All girls swoon over him. If I wasn't married I'd probably swoon too." She says.

"Why..." I say, looking at him, still not seeing his face.

"Oh, you haven't obliviously talked to him, let's keep it that way shall we?" She says as we walk to the elevator.

I nod and follow her across the walkway to the magazine publishing building.

"We have a new story, get your best man on it!" Mrs. Hodkins says.

I smile and slightly wave as she hands the book's information to the man behind the desk.

"Certainly, we'll get our best man on it." He replies.

Mrs. Hodkins and I quickly walk out of the building and get into a taxi. Little do we know that my book's information is placed in none other than Mr. McBlock's office.