Chapter 1

Louis P

Louis P.O.V.

Flashback

"Louis, Louis! Look! I did this!" David, jumped up and down excitedly and lifted one of the old paintings hanging from the wall. Underneath the framed piece of art was Dave's own little creation of a train station drawn from pastels of non-matching colours.

"Oh wow!" I slowly sat down on the stair way, half laughing through the sentence. Dave was gonna be in a lot of trouble once the sister of the children's home found out that he painted her wallpaper. Especially when he's proudly showing it around to everyone. "That's awesome. You know what buddy? make sure nobody sees it or someone might take that away from you" I said in a very serious tone and Dave noded in response while placing the painting back on top. "Let's go up" I suggested and Dave grabbed my hand excitedly. Two steps ahead a sudden sense stopped me.

"What's that?" I asked looking down at Dave.

"What's what?"

"You don't hear that music?" It was a piano. Dave shrugged looking up with me, confusion standing out from his facial expressions. Curiosity got me to follow the notes up to a room with a small piece of paper pasted against the old door with the words 'music room' written on it.

"Come on Louis! We gotta go! Someone will eat our cake!" Dave yelled tugging on my sleeve and for a second there I was positive he was gonna rip it off somehow. "Just go on without me Dave?" I suggested. "I'll be there. You go on up and save our cakes" I said excitedly and as if he got the world's most important job, Dave stumbled up the stairs. As soon as he dissapeared, I turned back to the dusty door. I gave a small push as it creaked when it opened wide. The time must have been about 6.30 in the evening, and the darkness was crawling into the room lit up by a very little amount of light that was creeping in through the dusty old drapes. I walked into the room with every bit of furniture that hasn't been dusted for years, the floor wasn't mopped or even swept for a good amount of time. I kept walking in as I searched the room for a light switch but found none. Despite the fact that I was in a room which was probably out of order, I kept walking.

"Hello?" I called noticing the big piano on the other end that took up half the room. I couldn't see anyone yet the tune was still going. "Is anybody there?" I asked just for the sake of it. It wasn't normal for anyone to be playing a piano in a dusty environment like this. It was beyond creepy. I stopped walking for a second focusing on how the song was about to end. The last few notes dingled slowly while fading away and just when I opened my mouth to speak something banged violently against the keys making the sound of the piano echo through the room. I should've taken the hint and just made a quick run for it. I really should've. But at that very moment, something blocked my urge to run away. I walked up to the other end to see the piano seat completely empty, the keys were brown in colour and it looked as if it hasn't been used for decades. Looking around to double check what the hell was going on, I slowly ran my fingers on the keys.