Chapter 16

Louis' P.O.V.

Rose was discharged the next morning and I couldn't go to her as I was tied up with the whole situation with Niall. After breakfast I did manage to pay a visit to her at her house.

"Louis. Come on in love" Mrs. Andrews said with a smile as she opened the door wide for me. I returned the smile and stepped inside. Seeing Rose standing by the counter, I walked over to her.

"Hey" I smiled.

"Hi" She looked sleepy. Yet quite happy to see me. Her face lot up and was soon dulled down with one look at my arm.

"What happend to your arm?" She asked pointing at the scar of the small line I managed to cut before Harry took the blade out of my hand.

"Just a....cooking accident." I said covering it up with my sleeve. She looked up at me with horrified eyes. "See this is why I don't let you into the kitchen." She joked and I let out a chuckle making her smile in return.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, somewhat guilty for not being there for her.

"Good. I'm good." She said with a nod. "I heard about Niall. Is he okay?"

"Yeah. He's doing good." I replied with the same set of expressions.

"Long night last night yeah?" She asked looking up at me and I was starting to get used to everyone noticing how restless I looked. The concern and worry on my social media timelines have turned from 90% to 100% with some of them actually recommending therapy and stuff.

"Long night." I replied looking down. I never noticed how drowsy I was feeling until she brought it up.

"Did you get any sleep?" She asked walking over to me.

"None." I replied with a small chuckle. She furrowed her eyebrows looking up at me. "But I'm fine. I've been through worse." I replied. It wasn't long until we heard someone stepping into the kitchen. I quickly wrapped up every bit of emotion on my face as I watched John walking into the room.

"Morning John." Rose greeted him while I just stood there without a sound.

"Hey." He said before turning to me. "Hey Louis!" His voice raised from politeness as he greeted me before walking back into the living room.

"Stop glaring at him like that." Rose whispered and it took me a while to understand that I actually was still staring. "Look, he's my brother. I can't have you being petrified every time he walks into the room."

"I'm sorry I just-" I lowered my voice looking back at the door. "He knows something okay? I know he knows something about my whole situation."

"Lou, I told you before okay? He doesn't remember anything of that sort." She said bringing my hopes down to the ground.

"Have you asked about his friend?"

"Yeah. He said his name was-"

"Wait. His name? So now it's a he?"

"Well, maybe it has always been a he" She said and I quickly fell silent staring at her eyes. I took a step back to make sure if it was what I thought it was.

"Do you not believe me?" I asked in a low voice. She exhaled looking down.

"Louis, look at you. You haven't slept in days and you're getting thinner with every passing second-"

"You think I'm crazy" I guessed taking another step back when she stepped forward.

"I think you're tired." She said in an even done and I turned around to the door.