Chapter 11

Rose's P.O.V.

I wouldn't lie to myself. Dating Louis could be a mouth of fun since when it came down to partying not a single soul could beat him. He could party all night like a manic and I never regretted any second of seeing him enjoying life. There was no party on the block that he wasn't invited to but a few good ones that he actually preffered to go to.

Weekends were always long night's of parties and drinks and unlike everyday, I looked over at the pool to see Louis sitting in one of the lounge chairs staring into the water with a bottle of beer in his hand. He was barely trying to have some fun and everybody could notice that. Watching him just sit there, while a party was on, was a lot unlike him. I let out a sigh and walked up to him.

"Did you know that Sandra was dating Kurt??" Without getting to the subject all at once, I started off with a different topic that I barely cared about.

"I heard about them about a week ago" He said barely looking at me in the eye. I stared at him intensely until he came to an understanding that I'm trying to get his attention. "Sorry love-" He started but I inturupted sitting back on my chair.

"Oh please. Don't be. There's nothing that a girl want more than her boyfriend obsessing over another girl" I said sassily bringing a laugh in him. "Forget about her already!" I yelled and his laugh slowly faded back in the water.

"You wanna go for a swim?" I guessed since he had been staring at the water all day.

"Nah. It's too crowded" He said looking around.

"I heard that they have a pool inside" I said getting up and taking his hand in mind. I knew he was using the crowd as a simple excuse for not getting into the water. I just wanted him to get his mind off things. "C'mon!" I yelled as he hesitantly got up from the chair and walked after me.

"Oh wow!" I yelled as we walked into the interior of the house in which a pool was bordered with a glass wall. There was a balcony at the end of the room which was open to the starlit sky. This'll work. "We're so going swimming here" I said dragging him in.

"Shouldn't we ask for permission?" He murmured and I snapped at him with wide eyes.

"Okay. What happened to you? You barely ask for permission when you burrow someone's toothbrush." I said sarcastically as he let out a chuckle.

"A well known fact" He said nodding with raised eyebrows.

"What happened to you Lou. You used to be the life of the party. Now you're barely keeping the party alive" I threw my hands in the air and is eyes slowly outlined the floor again. "Is there anything that we could do to get your mind off that?" I asked softly and within seconds his face lit up.

"Well, we could make out" He said closing in on me.

"You horny ass" I said lightly pushing his away. As much as I liked the idea there's no way in hell he was gonna get me to do anything like that in public. I knew he was joking around but still....

"I'll get us a drink yeah?" He said with a light smile and I nodded in response.

I watched the glass doors closing behind him. Watching the loneliness creep into the room, I sat down by the edge of the pool dipping my feet in to the water. Taking my phone out and going through my mentions on Twitter, I swayed my legs lightly hearing the water swoosh against my feet.

"Oh my!" My jaw dropped open as I looked over at my bestie's instagram update with a picture of her kissing a boy. I mentally laughed at her clumsiness and kept going until something else snatched my attention. My feet were barely moving but the sound of the water swooshing was still there. I put the phone down and looked at the water right below my feet. It wasn't even moving. My gaze slowly followed to the water right next to me and I noticed how the water set in waves flowing as if someone's dingling their feet inside. The fact that I couldn't see anyone got my heart beat to pick up. Suddenly, I noticed something down in the pool. Something like a black dot of ink. A very large dot of ink spreading itself around the blue waters. Spreading very quickly and I pulled my feet up and hugged them close, staring at every dark corner of the pool turning to black. My breathing hyped and I looked around breathlessly to see was it something that I did? From the middle of the pool I saw a couple air bubbles surfacing. I turned my gaze towards that direction when it started closing up. I looked over fearfully, barely seeing two feet below the water. A second later a hand popped up from the water and gripped my ankle. Screaming as loud as I could, I let the hand drag me into the water in a flash. I couldn't see anything inside and after a minute or two of struggling everything turned black.

~*~

Louis' P.O.V.

"Wow! Nobody looks that tired unless you got some tonight eh?" I sat by the bar with my head in my hands watching Ed pour out our drinks.

"Very funny" I murmured closing my eyes with a small smile.

"What's with you man. You're killing my party with your mood, you know that?" Wow. That's the second time someone said something like that to me today. "People are walking in through the doors, goes "Hey Ed! Where's Louis?" and then I point at you and they goes "oh...."" He said making a very dull facial expression at the end of the sentence. "This is not how it used to be. When I point at you before, they were like "Oh look at that motherfucker. I'm so getting wasted tonight!"" He said bouncing up and down to the beat and I couldn't help but let out a chuckle slightly offended.

"Get out and bring that guy back into my party" He said placing the tray in front of me.

"I'll tell that guy you miss him" I said getting up.

"You better" He murmured to my back.

The walk back to the pool felt long and my feet were quick to remember the corners that I took until I reached the top floor.

"Okay. I know you're gonna love this. I-" I pushed the door open with my back and held it there before looking inside. There was no sign of Rose nor anyone else.

"Rose?" I called slowly walking inside letting the glass door close by itself. The room spread far and wide and there was nothing much that she could just hide from. I stepped closer to the pool. Her phone was sitting on the terrace and I closed in on it. Never in my mind did I picture myself looking into the clear blue water and seeing what I was seeing. The tray with the drinks slipped out of my fingers as I stepped closer, panic crushing my chest.

"Rose!-" I yelled before taking my shirt off and hurdling into the water with a perfect dive. The chlorinated water started to burn as they touched my eyes and I searched the water until my eyes landed on the rare end where I noticed Rose's motionless body. Wrapping one hand around her waist I got her up to the surface.

"Louis I-"

"Harry help me out!" I yelled noticing the curly haired figure at the corner of the room and he came running across the end almost tripping at one point. I put my arm under Rose's knees and her shoulders and lifted her up to Harry and he pulled her out and lay her down on the floor. The clothes wrapped tightly around her, soaked in water, gave gravity the chance to pull her down making it two times harder to pull her out of the water. The fast movements under the water made me breathless and tired yet it wasn't enough to get me to stop panicking.

"Rose, can you hear me?" I heard Harry calling. I quickly pulled myself out of the water and threw myself over Rose's body.

"Rose? Baby?" I almost yelled taking her head in my hands. Her eyes were taped down and I held my ear against her nose to hear absolutely nothing. I sat up straight towering over her.

"C'mon Rose, breath" I growled pressing both my hands against her chest to perform CPR as Harry got up with a call to 999. I pressed as hard as I could while blowing air through her mouth just like I was taught in first aid.

"C'mon Rose" I muttered over and over again. My fringe kept hitting me in the eye every time I compressed and I ran my fingers through my hair before closing in on her lips again.

"Yeah, I need to report a drowning- a friend just drowned and I just- we're- she's not breathing and we don't-" Harry's shaky voice entered as he made the phone call.

"Calm down sir. What's your location?" I could clearly hear the lady on the other end speak as I kept going.

"OPEN YOUR EYES ROSE!" I shouted almost banging my fist against her chest and with a sudden gasp she rolled over chocking out the excess water trapped inside. I put my hand on her back slowly soothing down until she rolled back breathing loudly.

"You're okay. You're alright" I whispered pulling her up to me and wrapping my arms around her as she dug her face on my bare chest. "You're okay"