Chapter 7

Louis P.O.V.

"This is not like him. He never sleepwalked out of the house like this" I slowly soothed my hand on Mrs. Andrews's back as she kept crying. Rose sat beside her tears filling in her eyes as well.

"He used to sleep walk when he was like....9 but never like this" She wrapped her jacket around herself tightly while looking outside the window.

"Wha- How do we know he's sleepwalking I mean....maybe he just..." kidnapped? Taken to trade for money? I hear kids are taken to collect organs as well. "...playing with a friend or...."

"He wasn't at home when we woke up." Mrs. Andrews said shaking her head to the floor. She hasn't looked up ever since I got here. Just sitting by the window staring outside with hopeful eyes.

"You weren't there when we woke up" Rose turned to me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yeah I....had to do something" I said sitting back on my chair hoping she wouldn't pick on it.

"Did you see him in the house?" Mrs. Andrews turned to me with hope.

"No offense Mrs. Andrews but the kid pointed a knife at me, I really wasn't in a mood to look after him..." I said in a low tone and her unchanged facial expression felt like a stab to the heart.

"Yeah....you're right....more tea?" She said getting up.

"Mum-"

"Yeah. That'll be nice thanks." I got up after her and she delivered a light smile before walking back into the kitchen.

"You want more tea?" Rose asked slightly surprised. I had almost three cups for the past hour and I was starting to feel nauseous.

"She's trying to distract herself Rose. Let her." I exhaled before sitting back down. A moment of silence passed and I turned to Rose with curiosity.

"What was he like when he was sleepwalking back then?"

"Nothing like what we're seeing right now, if that's what you're asking." She said with a small smirk. "We usually found him walking around the place and sometimes, he finds the bed himself" She paused. "Oh, he did used to have this imaginary friend. We've caught him a few times talking alone"

"Does he do anything like that when.... I'm not around...?" I swallowed a lump in my throat before she answered.

"Actually, now that I think about it, he doesn't. Or at least he has never been caught doing anything like that" She said looking up and squinting trying to remember.

"So do you think it's me that triggers something in him?" The eternal truth. Surely.

"It can't be your fault Lou" Rose turned to me with a sarcastic smile. "I mean, sure he never tried to stab anyone before but you can't be responsible for that. It's his subconscious" She was right. She was definitely right. It can't be me.....Right? I tried to convince myself about it. But it wasn't doing any good. I got up to my feet with a flash before my subconscious started blaming me for loosing the kid. "I'm gonna go look for him a little more"

"Hey," She grabbed my hand on the last step. "don't think of it as your fault okay? Maybe he does stuff all the time. We just...don't see it" She shrugged with a smile.

"Yeah well, if he tried to kill someone with a pair of scissors, I think we'd already know." I let out a small laugh with the words.

"Look it's dark already. The police is on the lookout and so is dad and Lucus. You don't have to do anything-"

"I'll try okay? Relax, I'll be fine"

~*~

"Hello?" After dropping the phone two times, I successfully hit the answer button.