Chapter 8

Louis P.O.V.

The next time I woke up I was looking out at a bunch of trees through a cracked windscreen. The trees ahead was lit up by the one working headlight of the car and it took me while to wrap my head around what exactly happened. Every time I tried to move, the pain was excruciating. I ran my fingers over my shirt which was soaked at some parts from my own blood and I felt my breath tighten around my throat as I let out a few coughs before turning my head to the side. I was almost petrified when I saw John sitting next to me with a wide smile.

"Hello" He said. "I've been waiting till you wake up" I kept staring his cheered expression for a while before speaking.

"Alright you little freak. Stop fucking with me. What was that?" I turned to him, almost gritting my teeth. I didn't even know I had the strength to do that. Without caring how I used such harsh language on a 11year old I waited for his reply.

"What was what?" He asked shaking his head and if he wasn't so small, I would've driven my fist through his face.

"That thing sitting next to you" I yelled throwing my hand in the air.

"It was my friend. Annie" He said giving me the creepy wide grin again.

"Annie" I repeated when he looked to the side. It was still here??

"C'mon. Annie has something she wanna show us" He said grabbing my hand tightly around my wrist and I jerked it off.

"You're not going anywhere. We need to get the fuck out of here" I muttered looking around and trying to find anything that might take us back up to the main road. My vision was slightly blurry and it kept getting worse with the tears of pain that kept rising every once in a while.

"No, no. Annie-"

"I've had it up to here with your little Annie okay?" I almost shouted in fury making him back up a little. He stared at me for a while and spoke again.

"She will hurt us if we didn't listen"

"I will hurt you if you didn't listen to me" I yelled stepping out of the car. The second I stood up every sensation pulled me down to the ground as the pain was agonising. Holding the frame of the car for support, I pushed myself to the front and John was quick to run up to me. It surprised me how perfectly fine he was when I barely could stand up straight. But a part of me was greatful. I was responsible for him so if anything massive happened to him, I'll be looking at my grave myself.

"Can Annie come with us then?" He asked with an excited smile.

"No. Annie can't come with us" I demanded before walking in the opposite direction thinking he'd follow me. Knowing he wasn't, I turned around. "What are you doing?" I asked walking back up to him.

"Annie won't let me leave"

"John, look around." I put my hands in his shoulders and shook him a little. "There's no Annie." My head was spining like crazy and I wasn't ready to deal with his shit right now.

"You just can't see her. Doesn't mean she's not there" He murmured defensively and I exhaled while kneeling down next to him helplessly.

"Buddy, I'm in a lot of pain right now. I really-" I paused looking down as a craving pain started from the interior of my scull almost closing my eyes shut. "I really need help." I breathed out slowly looking up. "Can we please stop with the psycho babbling and just go?" For a second there I thought he was actually starting to understand. His eyes were wide and his eyebrows were knitted and leaving a gap of good five seconds he grabbed my hand in pure horror.

"What's-" I didn't get the chance to finish as he was dragged through the trees and into the darkness by....the wind?? I didn't even see anything yet his screams and yells for help kept getting distant.