seven

-forgot abt y'all, sorry!

RALEIGH SAMIRA PEYTON
ST.LOUIS , MO
GRADE 10

"You lame as hell tryna act like you ain't cheat." Rollie tossed his hand of Uno cards onto the table before getting out of his chair.

"I didn't cheat." I chuckled lightly. "I'm just that bitch." I shrugged before taking all of the cards and placing them back into the box.

"I need some girl friends. Why am I having a sleepover with two niggas?" I thought aloud.

"Don't act like you not enjoying this sleepover, the fuck." Rollie smacked his lips. "You so sassy."

"Here you go." Cadoe added.

"I'm just saying. Y'all got a lil sass in that ass!" I laughed hysterically at my own joke. From the looks on their faces, they didn't think I was funny. "Okay I'm done."

"Can we go to sleep now?" Rollie yawned. I shook my head no. "We haven't even did face masks yet." A small pout appeared on my face.

"I am a grown man i'm not doing no face mask."

"Yes you are. I told y'all we was having a real slumber party." I sat the cards on the small table that was in the living room before going in the bathroom to get three face masks.

"I'm bout to give y'all a facial and I'm gone shape y'all eyebrows and make y'all look so pretty." I squealed.

I haven't had any female friends since middle school. So, all of the girly things that teenage girls are supposed to experience, I never got to do which is why I'm forcing the boys to do them with me.

Janarious smacked his lips. "Hurry up so I can close my eyes."

"You are not that sleepy." I rolled my eyes before prepping all of the items. I bought face serums, face masks, lip scrubs, cucumbers for our eyes and razors for our eyebrows.

Cadoe turned on some music on the TV and I made Rollie lay down on the couch. "Therapy moment?" I asked.

"With no weed?" Rollie asked with his eyes closed. "Its some pre rolls in my room on my dresser. Can you get them?" I looked over at Cadoe.

I'm a broke bitch who stayed with some weed and woods. Priorities all kinds of wrong, I know.

We all sparked up our own blunts as the music played lowly.

"I miss my mom." I mumbled while blowing out a cloud of smoke.

"When the last time you seen her?" Rollie asked. I thought about it for a while. "Beginning of the month I think. All she did was bring groceries and get a check out the mail. She didn't even ask how I had been."

"Damn."

"Why she be leaving like that?" Cadoe asked, sitting down next to me on the floor while Rollie still laid across the whole couch.

I shrugged. "She never got to be a teen, so I guess she's doing it now. She told me that I ruined her life."

"Ain't nobody tell her fast ass to get pregnant at fifteen and then have another one at nineteen." Rollie smacked his lips.

"Yea.." I sighed. "I just want a family that's all."

"Your family right here in front of you lil girl." I took a pull from the blunt, letting the smoke barely escape my mouth before inhaling it all  back in just to blow it out afterwards. "I know, but.. It's different."

"You guys celebrate Christmas and Thanksgiving with your loved ones and I just sit here wishing I could experience that. My own siblings barely know me." My voice cracked, but I immediately blinked back my tears.

"I'm sorry." Cadoe said. "It's cool. I'm done talking about it, so unless you guys have something to say, therapy session over." I dismissed the entire conversation once I realized I didn't want to cry. All I needed was to smoke. I'd be fine. I always am.

I hit the blunt one last time before standing up to stretch.

I grabbed my phone to check the time. 11:45 p.m

I furrowed my eyebrows at the time. Demontè was supposed to be here a long time ago, but he hadn't shown up or even sent a text.

"Y'all heard from Tey Tey?" I asked.

"Nah, I don't know where he at." Cadoe said while taking his Nike hoodie off, leaving him in a white tee.

Rollie shook his head indicating that he also had no clue of Demontè's whereabouts. We always kept tabs on eachother. Its just what we did.

I opened my phone and went to me and Demontè's message thread, reading the last texts we sent. I also sent a new message in hopes that he would respond.

today 6:12 p.m

tey tey❤️‍🔥
just want you to know i love u shordy

random af lol
i love u more naseir
you good?

tey tey❤️‍🔥
always. i'll see u later

okay
seen

today 11:47 p.m

you okay? wya?

message failed to deliver

"Um." I blurted out. "My text didn't deliver."

"Maybe his phone dead?" Cadoe asked. I shook my head. "Something not right Cadence."

"You over thinking it, chill."

"Just go to sleep. I'm sure he'll reply by the morning." Janarious said while pulling the covers over his body. Deciding to let them have it, I put my phone on the charger and left the situation alone. "I guess."

I put the facial supplies away since Rollie was obviously tired and I was starting to feel drowsy as well. "Goodnight. I love you guys."

"We love you too." Cadoe said while laying down on the floor across from me. "Yea." Rollie added.

they're the best

questions? comments? VOTE DUMMY