ten

- i had work yesterday & forgot about y'all so mwah! early morning chapter. vote, comment, allat

RALEIGH SAMIRA PEYTON
ST.LOUIS , MO
GRADE 10

Finally, it was Friday. The end of another school week. I was gonna hang out with Raymond and Railyn today. I missed them.

Me and Rollie taking them to the park and then McDonald's cause thats all I got money for at the moment. I been looking for a job but they keep telling me I need a workers permit. I don't turn sixteen for a while and my mom is never home to sign anything.

I want my own money and stability. I haven't gotten new clothes or shoes in a long time and even though my grandma would probably buy it, I won't ask. My mother should be here to get it instead.

A knock at the door made me pause the episode of Shamless that I was watching. My phone rang too. It was my grandma.

I ignored her call and went to get the door.

"Hi bookieee!" I kissed all over my brothers face, making him turn his head the other direction. "Move Mira!"

"You didn't miss me?" I stepped aside to let them in, closing the door afterwards.

"No." I rolled my eyes. "Hi grandma."

"Hey baby. I gotta go, but here's some money for food and I'll send you a little something by Wednesday so you can get yourself something nice. Y'all behave now!" She left in a hurry, confusing me a bit, but I just took the money and went on with my day.

"Railyn you okay?" Normally, she's the first to run up and hug me. She walked right past today.

"Is Trey Trey here?" She mumbled. I shook my head before picking her up. "No he's not. Baby you sure you okay??"

Railyn laid her head on my shoulder. "Are you sleepy?" I sat her on my lap. "No. I want my Trey Trey." She poked her lip out.

"I don't know where he's at I'm sorry. How about you tell sissy whats wrong so I can tell him?" She shook her head no.

I figured she just missed him. She swore that was her bestie or something. "You hungry? Rollie Pollie said he'll take us to get happy meals."

I tried my hardest to cheer her up, but it literally did not work.

"Do you have juice?" Raymond came from out of their half and half room with his Minecraft water bottle. I opened the fridge, staring at the same emptiness that had been there for the past week or two.

"Lets go see if Rollie got some juice. I drank it all, sorry boo."

"Damn. Big thirsty ass." My eyes widened in shock. Raymond never cusses. Ever.

"Excuse you sir. Watch your mouth."

He shrugged. "The kids at school do it."

"That doesn't mean you can too." He went to charge his ipad, dismissing what I had said.

"Can we get juice now?" I nodded, keeping a mental note to watch his language and other behaviors that he could have learned from school.