eleven

RALEIGH SAMIRA PEYTON
ST.LOUIS , MO
GRADE 10

"Grandma?" I asked while putting Railyn's shoes on her feet. "Yes?"

"Can we talk about something?"

"Okay."

"Is there something going on at your house?" She shook her head no. "No, nothing out of the ordinary. Why?"

"Railyn was kind of off this weekend. She wasn't her happy self." I zipped my sisters jacket up and put her backpack on her before giving her Ipad back.

"She's a kid. Probably just going through changes." Grandma shrugged as she finished packing Raymond's bag.

"I guess." I mumbled. We both kept quiet for a moment.

"If you let a man in your house, you'd tell me, right?" I didn't want to assume the worst, but that was the only thing I could think of that would make Railyn act differently.

"Like to live there?" She questioned. I nodded.

"Well I don't think I have to report to you what goes on under a roof that I pay for." She laughed a little. "After all, I am the adult here."

"Well they're my siblings. I can worry about them."

"Are you saying I'd let something happen to them?" I shook my head "no", even tho it was what I was implying. I didn't want her to get mad.

"You have nothing to worry about." I didn't respond after that, but I knew that my face could tell you what I was thinking.

"Now if you don't mind, put your sister in the car while I get Raymond." I let out an exaggerated sigh before doing what she told me to. It was her house, but I made a request that wasn't hard to follow. I just want my siblings to be safe wherever they are.

For now, I let it go. Whatever's going on will come to light in due time.

After she left, I laid in my bed contemplating what to do with my day. It was Sunday. School was tomorrow, but luckily, we were in the last couple of months. It was April already.

Rollie was down the street at his grandmas and Cadoe was on house arrest after they caught him, but he barely was involved. Demontè on the other hand  was still in jail, obviously.

Thinking about it all made me wonder. They both told me that they didn't know what he was doing or where he was, but Cadoe was on the news with him that night.

Rollie didn't even seem surprised when I told him.. as if he already knew?

All of the pieces had randomly connected in my head making me sit up.

I can't believe them.

BROS PLUS ONE BIG HOE🤞🏽

group fucking meeting

my rollieee💕💕
well good afternoon to you too sir

don't good afternoon me bitch
i got a bone to pick with all of y'all
and ima go off on Demontè next time he call too