two;two

RALEIGH SAMIRA PEYTON
FAMU| YEAR ONE

"her daddy is not around,
mama is definitely not around"
- drake

I moved in a week before classes start just so I could get a feel for everything first. It's day three of me being here and so far I have two lil friends.

Kyndal and her older cousin Dyshai. She was a sophomore, so she showed us around and stuff. She was cool too.

"It's a party happening tomorrow night y'all tryna go?"

damn already?

"You know meeee, never saying no to going outside." Kyndal spoke while putting a fry in her mouth. We were currently in one of the two Cafeterias on campus.

They both looked over at me. "Sure. I guess I can go." I shrugged. I really wanted to say no, but the boys told me they weren't gonna sit on the phone with me while I stayed in my bed all day, so I kind of didn't have a choice.

"Ou I can't wait. It's gone be so many niggas, so many bitches, so many drinks, ugh!" A big smile appeared on Kyndal's face. I guess she was a partier. Her innocent face told me otherwise at first.

We cleaned up our mess and headed to Shai's dorm. She wanted us to meet her friends.

At least I won't be lonely this year?

Since we were technically "off campus", we had to walk out of our complex and across the street to get back on campus with the actual dorms, so Dyshai met us at the entrance gates.

Her dorm was a nice walk away from the gates and the Cafeteria, but I didn't mind since it was basically always nice outside in Florida.

Today was actually hot af though. Back was drenched in sweat.

"Y'all I need to un-big my back this year. This walking got me feeling heavy like a chevy." Kyn huffed and puffed while sitting on a nearby bench.

"Yo back not big its all that shit you be smoking." Dyshai replied. "Dumb junkie."

Once we got to her dorm she gave me a mini tour. She had a room to herself, so her bed was really two of them combined. Her decorations were real cute too.

There was a loud ass knock at the door making all three of us turn our heads. "Thats probably them. Can you get that for me?" Dyshai looked at me, implying that I open the door. I nodded.

Three faces greeted me. Two boys, one girl.

"Who the fu-" The girl started to speak, but got cut off. I didn't like her tone. She could've just said hey.

"This is Raleigh. Our friend and Kyndal's roomate." Shai interrupted. "Oh hey girl."

"Wassup." I answered dryly, stepping out of everyone's way.

"Raleigh this is Kotah, Justis and Nunu." The boys gave me a nod before coming inside and sitting somewhere.

Nunu look the FUCK good

Kotah was short as hell, like five foot. I was only like four inches taller though. She looked like she could be mixed or just really lightskin, I don't know. Her hair was styled in a ginger-ish wig with curls and a side part. Real cute.

"You're pretty." She said.

"Thanks. You are too." A fat ass smile crept on my face. I loved when people complimented me.

A loud silence fell upon the room.

"You smoke?" Justis finally asked. I nodded my head. "THANK GOD!" Kotah exaggerated. "You looked kind of boring at first not gone lie."

Internally, I frowned.

"Not in a bad way you just seem innocent." Justis corrected her. "I'm not boring. Just quiet."

"Y'all tryna box my truck?" Justis asked us. We all agreed before heading downstairs. The sidewalk caused us all to separate a little. Justis, Kotah and Kyndal all walked side by side. Shai was right behind them but she was busy looking down at her phone and me and Nunu were in the back of the line.

"You a freshman?" He asked. "Yea."

It got quiet again.

"Damn girl, say sumn else I'm tryna get to know you." Nunu caught me by surprise. He didn't seem that bold, just laid back. "My bad. What you want me to talk about?"

"You not gay is you?" I shook my head and laughed. "Nope. Are you?"

He stale faced me. "Hell naw."

"You wasn't even gone ask if I had a boyfriend? Just if I'm gay?" I questioned. "Why would I care about another man?"

"Oh okay then."

"Can y'all stop flirting and get the fuck in the car? A bitch tryna face a wood." Kyndal said with her head out the door.

Me and Nunu got in the second row of back seats. "Damn this big ass mom truck. What kids you got?" I thought out loud getting laughs from everyone.

"Damn I didn't know you talk." Justis said. "And. not too much on my truck ho!"

Everybody started getting into their own conversations. Music played in the background and three woods rotated between the six of us, but eventually we let each row share their own.

I rested my head on Nunu's shoulder. He smelled like "come eat me", but sadly I got morals, so.. yea.

haven't had no zick since demontè was free. i'm losing taste in my left ear.

"You pretty. I like looking at you." He mumbled while recording the both of us. "Thank youuu." I dragged while my eyes hung lowly.

don't put me on yo camera yk wat i look like! lol jk

I hadn't been high in a couple weeks, so my tolerance somewhat decreased. Them breaks really do something to you once you smoke again for that first time.

"I think you're pretty too."

He ended the video. "That was just so I can look at you later."

"Well maybe I wanna look at you later too." I picked up my phone and pressed the power button but a dead battery symbol appeared. "Damn."

I stared at him as he looked around the car. "Somebody got a pen? The ink kind."

Everybody rummaged through the cup holders and pockets behind the seats before finally finding one.

"Hm." He grabbed my arm before writing his number on my wrist. "Just FaceTime me the next time you wanna look at me."

That was smooth as hell. He could have just gave me a charger though

"Okay. I will."

"Don't forget either."

I giggled. "Okay."

wont wash my arm ever again