eight

-whats the appropriate amount of days to release chapters?? (do not say everyday). i try to get back to yal every 2-4 days, but idkkk i only got 10 chapters written after this. i been slacking

RALEIGH SAMIRA PEYTON
ST.LOUIS , MO
GRADE 10

"Granny I don't know where he at. Nobody knows and I don't know what to do." Samira cried on the phone, feeling hopeless. Its been three days since anyone has heard from Demontè.

She didn't understand what was going on. One of the four friends always knew where the other was at, so for no one to have a clue, it worried her even more.

"Baby you got to calm down. Do you want me to have the police put out a missing persons report?"

She couldn't even catch her breath to let out another sentence. "They not gone look for him granny. W-we gotta find him."

"Have you talked to his mother? Who is this young man?"

"I don't know.." Her mind was so full that she couldn't even answer the questions being asked.

"Well I don't know what you want me to do honey."

Raleigh was starting to get irritated. Nothing her grandmother could say would help right now even though she was trying her hardest to be there. She hung up the phone before tossing it across her room.

Times like this, Raleigh wished she had her mother. They had once been the best of friends, but that was so long ago. It almost felt like it had been a memory of another lifetime or a mysterious dream that she had been woken up from and was desperately trying to get back to.

"This is so fucking stupid!" The angry girl yelled.

JANARIOUS "ROLLIE" WHEELER
ST.LOUIS , MO
GRADE 10

"Bro where the fuck is you at? Samira going crazy and shit. You said it was gone be quick!"

"I know, but I got caught up in some shit man. Just keep her occupied." Demontè's voice said lowly from the other end. He had called using no caller id. "She don't even wanna leave her room. I can't keep lying to her like this."

"Please cuh. She ah never talk to me again if she find out what I been doing."

"Mannn." He smacked his lips, not being sure of what to do. He loved both of his friends equally, but situations like this made it tough. This was the whole reason him and Cadence didn't let them be together. Decisions would have to be made and someone would always be upset no matter what.

"If you not back in a week i'm telling. No excuses."

Demontè sighed. "Ight man. Preciate you."

"Fasho. Stay safe. I love you bro." Rollie sat his phone down on the table, resting his hands on his head. He felt bad for lying to his friend, but his other friend was in need too.

Both Rollie and Cadoe knew some of what Demontè had going on right now, but the boys had been asked to leave Raleigh out of it. Not only for her safety, but because Demontè knew how she felt about him getting into trouble and what he was doing now could send him to jail for years.

The lights in his house shut off, taking his mind from his friends situation, back to his own. "MA! The lights!"

"Don't you think I see it Janarious? I know my lights just got cut off you don't have to remind me. Get the candles." Rollie sighed lowly before doing as his mother requested.

It had always just been him and his mom. She was his miracle baby. The only baby God had allowed her to carry healthily & full term.

The lights cutting off and the water being cold were normal things to Rollie. Willow; his mother had tried year after year to have a baby, but her body failed to keep another human alive.

Finally, her and her previous lover had gotten pregnant one last time and succeeded. Soon after he was born, his father died in the army, leaving Willow and the newborn alone and broke. The government only funded so much money to babies missing a parent, but life got more expensive and that small check did nothing.

"You mad at me?" He asked while lighting the small, scentless candles his mother had placed around the kitchen. "No baby. Of course not. Do I seem mad?"

"Just a little."

Rollie's mother placed her two warm hands on each of his brown cheeks. "I'm just stressed that's all. I'm sorry." She placed a kiss on his forehead before going to the back rooms to place more candles in areas that needed to be lit.

"You wanna play trouble?"

"Mama i'm not ten no more. You don't gotta distract me from the lights being out." He smiled at the memory of his younger years. She walked back into the kitchen with a stack of old board games.

"I'm not distracting you. I just wanna spend some time with my son. Is that a crime?" She tiled her head, her sister locs hanging mid air.

"Come on so I can catch this quick dub." The two plopped onto the sofa that rested in their empty living room before opening the first game.

why did i just pull that storyline out of my ass like that at 2 a.m 😣😣😣😣😣 goated? yes

tell me something

something u like so far
something u dislike
something u want to see
something u wonder

cause u lame ass loser ass little BTCHES never wanna speak🧘🏽‍♀️🧘🏽‍♀️🧘🏽‍♀️

sorry jk love u😘🫵🏽

not sure how long part 1 of this book gone be, but part 2 gone jump at least 3 years ahead btw 🌚

its all gone be in one book tho i'm not making a 2nd one... i think

also, im working on face claims.. be patient🧘🏽‍♀️