two;one

RALEIGH SAMIRA PEYTON
FAMU| YEAR ONE

"i was locked up sending you roses"
-kodak

"Rip you out the u-haul, you just moved in boo!" Rollie danced around my dorm with his dirty ass shoes on, irritating me.

"I just bought this rug Rollie. Take them shoes the fuck off!" I nudged him away from my rug and onto the tiled floor which continued throughout the whole bedroom.

I was living in an apartment-like dorm near the school. There were two bedrooms, a bathroom (barely) and a small kitchen which had a little space for a living room. It wasn't much, but it would do.

The school gave us the same furniture that you would get if you were on campus too which was nice.

My dads sister; Jess had recently got in touch with me and once her and her husband heard that I was going to college, they insisted on helping me out. I was beyond grateful.

She said for Thanksgiving and Christmas I could come visit her so that we could become close. She knew how it felt to not have anyone, so I guess she felt bad. I didn't mind the idea of having her around.

I'd just have to get used to it, i guess.

"Muhfuckas get they own lil spot and act boujee. Don't forget where you came from lil girl." He tried to thump my forehead but I dodged it. "I'm not boujee, shut up."

"Flight leaving in two hours it's bout time for us to head out sis." Cadoe got up from his seat. They had drove down here in a U-Haul to help me move in, but were going to fly back. I brought all of my belongings even ones that I didn't need. I kept the important stuff in my dorm and the rest in a storage room since I didn't plan on moving back to St.Louis...ever.

My siblings still lived there, so of course I'd visit, but I had no intentions in staying there. Why would I?

I let out a deep sigh. I was in a new state with new faces and new places. I didn't want the only family I had to be so far away.

"I'm think i'm gonna cry." I poked my lip out as the familiar feeling filled my eyes.

"Awww cuh don't cry." Cadoe held his arms out and I immediately ran to him, squeezing his body tightly. "Ight na. I can't breathe."

"Shh." I let the tears run down my face and onto his white shirt. My mascara was probably seeping onto it as well. I held my head up, looking at him as he looked down on me. "I'll buy you a new pack of shirts, sorry."

"It's all good cuddy."

"Alright can I get a hug too? Damn!" I wiped my eye as I chuckled a little. I switched over to Rollie, embracing him the same way I did to Cadoe.

"I'm gonna miss you guysssss!"

"We just a flight away. Don't forget that. Don't be tryna be Mrs.Do it all either. You need something, you tell us. I don't care if you think you got it." I nodded my head. "Okay. I guess I gotta let you guys go now."

He pulled away and I stood there like a lost puppy. "Don't be crying once we leave bro."

"You know I will." Cadence shook his head. "Come walk us out kid." A frown appeared on my face as I slid my house shoes on and led them down the stairwell and into the parking lot.