Love is...Failing to Escape

A nearby church's bell struck at midnight and (Y/N) woke up and smirked. She was sick of living in a sewer and she wanted to go home, so she did what any teenage girl would do, she left. She limped out of the room she had been staying in and approached the ladder. She clumsily put her injured leg on the ladder and attempted to pull herself up, but a shock of pain hit her leg and she screamed and fell onto the floor.

"Ow! God damn it!" She yelled.

She then heard footsteps come running from the kitchen, she looked over to see Donnie running towards her.

"What the fuck?" He asked as he picked her up, bridal style.

"Let me go!" She squirmed.

"No."

"Please! I wanna go home!"

"Also no."

"Donnie! Let me go this instant!" She screamed as he opened the door to where she was supposed to be, "No! Donnie!" She yelled as he set her into her bed and started to take the bandage off of her leg.

"What're you doing?" She asked as he continued to unwrap the bandage.

"I'm helping you. If you want to walk, this bandage is limiting your range of motion."

"No shit. Really?" She said sarcastically.

"I also embedded some tech into it, if you tried to walk for more than a certain amount of time, your body would naturally just stop trying to walk."

"That's an invasion of privacy." She mumbled.

"I don't give a fuck about privacy. I have four idiotic brothers and a psycho for a friend. I know the kind of crap people try and pull."

"Damn."

"Yea." Donnie mumbled as he finished taking off the bandage, "you're free to leave whenever you want." He shrugged and frowned.

He had grown to like (Y/N), he liked her company and that he could talk about tech with her. He refused to admit he liked her romantically, even to himself. He stood up for leaning on her bed and walked out of the room, just before he walked out he turned to face her and smiled a little. It wasn't a completely sad smile but it wasn't really a happy one either. He couldn't place the feeling as he closed the door behind him.