Love is...Chatter In Class

The bell rang loudly and everyone in the class scrambled to get out of their seats. (Y/N) sighed a sigh of relief as she approached April. She tapped April's shoulder aggressively to get her attention.

"I need my answer, April." She simply said.

"How about you stop by the lair today? Then you can ask Donnie yourself." April faced (Y/N) and smiled.

"Why?" (Y/N) whined.

"So you can see your boyfriend." April shrugged, "he's been slouchy with you." She smirked.

"First of all, he's not my boyfriend," (Y/N) said, "second of all, you know I don't believe in that stuff."

"Then you won't mind stopping by today." April laughed.

(Y/N) groaned and followed April into their next class, Pre-Calc. Thankfully, this class was way better than English. (Y/N) quickly took her seat while the bell rang and started to organize her desk.

Her pen and pencil were lined up and equally spaced out, at the top of her desk. Her book for any notes, tips, or tricks laid all the way to the left, and her book for any equations or other curriculum was in front of her. Then, she got out her homework and handed it to the teacher, obviously with a smile on her face. As class went on (Y/N)'s thoughts drifted to other places. Normally in classes, this would upset teachers. However, (Y/N) knew this math, so it wasn't a problem.

(Y/N)'s thoughts continued to drift until they were interrupted by a pencil tapping her shoulder. (Y/N) turned to see one of her friends Jacob, pointing at his paper. He was clearly asking for answers. (Y/N) just sighed and turned back around, she hated it when he tried to cheat off of her. She always thought he did it to be funny because he was very smart, and he knew it too...he was just lazy.

(Y/N) turned around aggressively when she heard the boy behind her tapping his pencil and poking her with it, "what do you want?" She whispered.

Unfortunately the teacher heard her, "Ms. (L/N), if you feel so confident that you don't need to pay attention to the class, you should know the answer to this." The teacher growled.

(Y/N) turned her head to look at the board quickly, "The local maximum appears to occur at (-1, 28), and the local minimum occurs at (5, -80). The function is increasing on (-♾️, -1) ∪ (5, ♾️) and decreasing on (-1, 5)." She said proudly and smirked.
-
A/N: (Pretend the numbers and crap are words)
-
"That's correct." The teacher mumbled.

"Anyway," (Y/N) turned around, "I'm not helping you. Why're you in AP classes if you are too lazy to do the math yourself?"

Jacob just smirked and shook his head, "because I have people like you to help me." He chuckled deeply.

(Y/N) blushed slightly at his chuckle. She turned back around with a frown on her face. She'd had a crush on him in middle school and Jr. High. If it came back she was doomed to be questioned by April, who shipped her with Donnie. What was she going to do?