CHAPTER 60

Donovan Phoebe

It was Claude's 2nd birthday, but he insisted we put Christian's name in the song and the cake and the hung balloons. One would have believed they were twins with how they insisted on doing everything and Elijah nor I complained.

"I'm just saying, let them be twins, it's adorable." Adam said stealing frosting with Arron in his arms.

"Yeah, it's double the trouble, double the fun." Jaz added as she covered Adam with cream and then licked it off.

"You're not okay," Adam said with mild disgust and mostly humour as he kissed her and she giggled happily.

I was looking at Carrin and Cynthia, cuddled up and giggling, eating cake together. Carrin had yet to shift, had yet to become her true self and I wondered if it was another one of Elijah's distant soon's that he threw at me so much.

I pulled him in and nodded to the couple and he gave me a deadpan look. "What?"

"You said," I pouted realising I really wanted to see it.

"Yeah, well, I also said it depends."

"Elijah." I stomped like a child and he scoffed.

"Child," he shook his head and laughed as Claude came running into his leg, he was almost to his hip now and it was scary how absolutely grown he looked. Elijah often frowned about it when he thought nobody could see. Seeing them grow up this fast just wasn't fair, truly.

My dad had carried Claude around, declaring him the birthday boy, bouncing him up in the air and reminding him how much he'd grown, something Claude was very much proud of. My dad also carried Christian around as well, declaring him the best big brother ever to be. It was fun for them and it was nice to see.

Arron was taking care of Claude as he ate, wiping his mouth with a scowl, reminding Claude he eats like a child. Their conversation was almost too good for their age and I had to agree with Elijah, supernatural kids grow up too fast.

I danced with Elijah, we danced with our kids, one big circle of laughter and bouncing around like idiots and it was the best time ever. I wanted this to be my forever. It made me wonder what they would be like when they grew up, I watched as they ran around with other kids and hoped that even if they grew up and decided Elijah and I weren't cool, they would still want to run around with us.

It felt like I hadn't shifted in a while, so I shifted and I played with the kids, Claude excited to see my wolf, climbing onto my back and using me as a horse. Elijah watched us as we rolled around, my mom beside him talking with Jaz and Adam, Winston and Arson as well. Carrin and Cynthia were in their own world it was almost contagious, almost.

By the end of the day I was exhausted and ready to do nothing until the very next day. I sent the pictures Elijah took all day to Hayle who was gushing over how cute everyone was. I felt my heart pang hoping she'd hurry up and be okay with coming, especially for these moments but also not wanting to rush her still.

I caught Elijah talking to some pack members, they were all eating ice cream and they asked questions about their mates and Elijah chuckled shaking his head, I caught the look in his eye, the mischievous and knowing gaze, he gave them and he shrugged and said something like, "The fruits of your path shall come when you know not what you wish to have."