chapter 6

Zoe pov

a couple weeks passed as meliodas and Elizabeth got know each other better, getting along like two peas in a pod. working on their project only half the time they are hanging out together, mostly spending their time conversing about this or that, meliodas getting plenty writing practice in in order to be able to chat with Elizabeth.

meanwhile they were both working on learning sign language, slowly making it easier to communicate. Elizabeth teased meliodas often, flirting with him enough to have him rather flustered by the time they parted.

neither one had met the ones friend group yet, sticking to hanging with each other and even beginning to avoid doing anything without the other. on the other hand their friends would talk amongst themselves, on why their friends would ditch at random times or would get overly entranced in their phones.

Elizabeth pov

"yes, but wouldn't it be easier for them to just drop it? I mean continuing to push for something so trivial is a little stupid isn't it?" mael complained as we walked to school with ludociel, sariel and tarmiel, Veronica and Margaret walking right next to me as they texted on their phones.

"well, in one way or another it is. but, if you think about it everything is trivial In its own way... some people just seem to think that its important" ludociel spoke blankly, reading his study book whilst we walked.

"Elizabeth? what do think on it? do you think they should drop the argument to make all bathrooms unisex or keep it up?" mael invited me to the conversation with a smile, looking at me eagerly as all the ark angels looked over at me in waiting of my response.

"well.... I don't really think bathrooms should be unisex at all....." I responded hesitantly, watching all the ark angels nod in response.

"oh? why is that Elizabeth?" sariel asked as he tilted his head, smiling curiously.

"well, while i'm not saying that even half of the lgbtq community is like this but.... what happens when some pervert or pedophile takes advantage of being able to go into a bathroom with young girls and boys they identify with them? what happens then? I don't think everyone should change everything about the world just because there are people who want to identify as a girl or a boy, its not fair to the rest of us" I responded cautiously, knowing this was a touchy topic with both sariel and tarmiel being a part of that community.

"I can see that, and I agree with you... its just difficult because sometimes I get misgendered because of going into the mens bathroom" sairel agreed offhandedly, smiling at tarmiel.

I went to respond before my phone dinged with a special tune, catching my attention as I knew that was meliodas's tune. making me pull my phone from my pocket as we walked through the school gates, opening it up to see what he sent.

*hey, I woke up late for school so nearly forgot to say good morning. Mornin! I hope you're not late to class like me XD* he sent making me smile without realizing, vaguely hearing Veronica talking with sariel.

*good morning to you too, i'm just now getting on campus because my first class doesn't start for another 2 minutes but thank you and sorry you were late to your class :( * I sent back as I heard tarmiel laughing about something, after only a moment the three jumping dots showing that he was responding.

*nah, don't be sorry i'm the one who watched movies till 2 am XD have a good day at school* he sent back to me, coming off as sweet from reading it.

"oh~ who's Elizabeth chattin with that got her smilin like that~?" Veronica brought all the attention to me, smiling like she was up to something.