Chapter 35

Third Pov

Thursday(6:00pm)
"No she pushed me off the swings!" Brianna yelled making everyone laugh.

"NO I DIDNT I SWEAR!" Janiya yelled back trying to defend her self.

"I don't know Janiya because my baby came home sad and she was limping." Mrs.James said.

"Yea I remember Brianna telling me her legs were hurting because she got hurt." Ace added.

"You have to had pushed her J." Dante chuckled.

"I don't know what y'all talking about." She shrugged her shoulders making everyone laugh.

"Lets talk about how you hurt me,kayla,MiMi,and half the girls on the cheerleading team all in one week because you wanted to be team captain of the dance team." Janiya said making the girls agree.

"DAMN A WEEK BRI!?" Jayden exaggerated.

Brianna just nodded her head in guilt.

"Sounds like a Brianna thing." Mr.James said making Brianna side eye him.

"I still made captain tho." She added making everyone laugh and call her crazy.

Their laughter was interrupted when the doorbell rang.

Mrs.James opened it to seeing two kids and bags.

"What's y'all's names and where's y'all's parents?" She asked confused why they were out in the rain by themselves.

"My name is Austin and this is my little brother Dashawn." Austin introduced them.

"Our mom just order someone to pick us up and drop us off over here we haven't seen that lady in years and my dad left my mom when I was 1 and Dashawn's dad left as well." Austin explained.

"Who was raising y'all before all this?" She asked worried feeling bad for them.

"Our grandparents but they're dying so I mean technically I raised myself and him we just had shelter." Austin looked at Dashawn who was half sleep.

"Come inside." She grabbed their bags and brought them in.

"Mama who was it?" Brianna asked walking into the hallway.

"Who are they?" Brianna asked confused.

"Their mom abandoned them." She said picking up Dashawn and holding him.

Brianna was so confused she knew Austin looked familiar but couldn't tell because it's been years and she only saw Austin like 3 times when he was involved.

Dashawn was asleep so no one knew who he looked like or who he could be.

"Babe y'all good!?" Mr.James asked but with his coaching voice so they can hear.

They both said yea before finally deciding to bring the kids in to see everyone else.

"Who they is?" Damani asked.

"I'm Austin and that's my brother."

"I'm 14 and he's 9."

"Do y'all want food?" MiMi asked.

"It's fine."

"Come on we have a lot left and you can tell me what your brother likes so when he wakes up he can eat as well." She said taking him by the hand to the kitchen.

Austin recognized Diamonte and the twins fast but he wasn't going to say anything because that's not his family and he ain't finna ruin theirs.

MiMi fixed him a plate with Brisket,white rice,corn bread,and a drum leg.