Chapter 10: Getting To Know The Geek

James' P.O.V

Oh wow. I didn't realise that she could sing. Jesus Christ was she good. I was gobsmacked just watching her. Her voice held so much emotion that it seemed like she meant every single word she was singing. I just can't believe that that was her voice.

I suddenly realised that the song was finishing so I wiped the shock off of my face and replaced it with a smirk. Once it was over I started a slow but loud clap so she knew I was there. She looked terrified. It was almost as if I walked into her private sanctuary. I'm guessing that she either didn't want anyone to know this place was hers or she didn't want anyone to know about her talent. I don't understand why, though. I suddenly realised that we were in complete silence so I decided to break it.

"Well, well, well. I thought you said that this place wasn't yours." I know I'm being sarcastic but I can't bring myself to care. I understand that she's sensitive about this place but she didn't have to lie about it. I honestly found it a little amusing as well. That's just because of her reaction, though.

"U-um. It isn't?" She sounded so unsure as she said that and I could tell that it was a straight up lie. I couldn't help but laugh at her feeble attempt to lie to my face yet again.

"HA! Nice try but we both know that was a lie."

"It was not a lie. Stop assuming things. This could be my parents' studio..." She trailed off but I don't really understand why. I can also tell that she is lying through her teeth but I don't want to push it too much however I still will push her just a little bit because the curiosity is killing me.

"Well is it?" I questioned her.

"U-um anyway...where do you want to go to do this project thingy?" I know that she's trying to change the subject and I do want to push the subject further, however, there must be a reason as to why she wants to change the subject so I'll let it pass just this once.

"Hmmm. How about your house?" As soon as I said that, terror became obvious on her face. I wonder why she's acting this way.

"NO! She practically screamed at me. Ok, now I'm really confused. Why is she so defensive about me seeing her house? Is she embarrassed by where she lives or something? I wish I knew what she was thinking, she's so confusing.

"And why would that be?" I quizzed her. I need answers. I don't know why I just do. I want to know why she is so closed off from everyone and why she doesn't talk about her personal life. I don't understand it. Although, to be fair if she asked me about certain things I would act the same way.

"Why does it even matter? You are not going to my house and that's final." She spoke, surprisingly firmly. It's funny how confident she is when she is agitated or when we're alone. I like it. It shows that there is more to her than that shy, timid and introverted girl that I see in school. Ugh, what am I thinking? She's just some pathetic girl that I barely know.

"Fine princess. Whatever you say." I mocked her and then bowed as if I was her servant. From what I know about her so far, princess suits her quite well as a nickname.

"Whatever. Let's just get out of here." After she said that I realised that we were still in her music studio. I can't believe that I forgot where we were. I noticed that she started walking towards the door so I decided that it would be polite to follow her out.

Once we were both outside, we started walking somewhere. I'm not quite sure where though but I'm guessing from the route we are taking that we are on our way to the park where we first met up and she had those bruises on her neck.

When we got to the park I decided to break the silence that we were in with a question.

"So what's your favourite colour?" I asked curiously. She didn't look like the type of girl who was into the typical girly colours such as pink and purple.