Chapter 3: The Confession

Helen's P.O.V

Oh god, what am I going to tell him? I can't tell him the truth because he'll laugh and tell everyone and it's not like he'll care anyway. I'll try and make up a lie...hopefully, he'll fall for it.

"Umm...uhhh...I was um singing in my uh studio and accidentally got a wire wrapped around my neck" I said hesitantly but by the look on his face, he didn't believe me one single bit. Damn it, I should've have known I'm a shit liar.

"I don't believe you. So I'm gonna ask you one more time. Why do you have a bruise all around your neck?" he asked with warning clear in his tone, whilst he slowly stepped towards me.

As I was about to feed him another lie, I think something clicked in his head as he stared at the hand-shaped mark on my neck. All of a sudden his expression changed from confusion to shock before he covered it up with a smirk.

"Aw did someone hurt wittle defenceless Helen? How old were they? 4 years old" he mocked me. I tried to act like it didn't affect me but I couldn't. It really hurt when he said that. I know that if he makes another comment like that, I would burst into tears.

I have to get out if here now before I embarrass my even more than I have already.

"I don't have to tell you anything. Now just give me the damn baby and I'll go" I said with pure venom in my voice. He actually looked taken aback by my reply but then quickly recovered.

"Fine. Pushy much? I don't get why you won't tell me or is it because you're such a wimp that you're afraid to tell people that a four-year-old strangled you?" he spoke with amusement in his tone.

That did it, I started crying but I was angry now I couldn't help what came out of my mouth next.

"No you fucking twat! I don't tell anyone because I knew this would happen. Everyone would take the piss which is exactly what you're doing right fucking now. And you want to know who did this so badly? My fucking father did. That's right! My own father strangles me and do you want to see something else?" I questioned whilst lifting up my top showing off the purple-ish, yellow bruise that seems to be forming on my stomach.

"This is also his doing and that's not even half of it. I get this every day, the same as I have been for ten fucking years now. So you know what? You can go fuck yourself because I've been through more than you can even fucking imagine" I shouted in his face.

I then took the baby and walked off. Leaving him and his confused and shocked face alone. When I was far enough away that I knew he couldn't see me, I let it all out. I fell to the floor and let out all the tears that I had been holding back.

After about half an hour of crying, I decided I should go home so I stood up, wiped away my tears and walked home.

~*~

When I got home I was greeted with silence. Thank god.

I quietly tip-toed up the stairs to my bedroom, trying not to wake anyone but it seems I wasn't successful.

I took one step and the lights flicked on and I came face to face with my mother. Holy crap. She's gonna kill me. I know it because she has a knife in her hand. Oh god. I agree that I'm worth nothing and that she hated me but does she really feel the need to kill me?

"You're late. Where were you, you little bitch?" she said with a deadly tone evident in her voice. She started stalking closer to me whilst clenching the knife in her hand whilst slowly lifting it up to me.

Oh god. I'm gonna die.