Chapter 7: The Encounter

Helen's P.O.V

As I'm standing outside the place that I have dreaded for pretty much my whole life, I feel like I'm going to be sick. Detention has to be my worst nightmare. I have never done anything wrong in school...ever and now in my last year I get a stinking detention that wipes away my squeaky clean record and I can tell that my parents are not going to be happy about this.

After just standing outside the door of detention for about 10 minutes, I finally walk into the terrifying room and everyone who was already in the room turned and stared at the face of the weirdo that they make fun of. To be honest I was quite surprised that no one laughed as I walked into the room; they all just stared at me in confusion as if they were asking why I was here and to be honest I couldn't even answer that question as I barely knew the answer myself.

I didn't have a single clue as to what to do now that I was actually in the room, so I guessed and sat down in an empty seat far away from everyone.

The thing is, though, as I looked around the room, there was one particular person that was meant to be here but wasn't. James. He got a detention at the same time as me, therefore, he should be here as well but he wasn't and this confused me.

In the end, I decided not to think about it because he hates me and I hate him so there is no point in even thinking about him. For the rest of the hour, I decided to just sit in silence and look around the room even though people kept looking at me in total confusion and some in amusement. James never came to the detention, thankfully.

When the hour was done we all left the classroom and school. It seemed like everyone wanted to rush home to see their family but I, on the other hand, wanted to take as much time possible getting home. In fact, I didn't even want to go home in the first place.

Instead of going straight home, I dawdled quite a bit. I did things such as go for a walk around town, go to the park, I even went up the river just to see where it led to but I knew that I had to go home eventually I decided to start on my way home.

However, it wasn't that easy. As I was walking down past the park, I suddenly got pulled back by a mysterious figure. I couldn't see who it was because their hood was in the way and it was getting dark now so even if their hood wasn't on I wouldn't be able to tell who it was. I was extremely terrified at this point because this person wasn't saying anything, just staring at me.

"W-w-what d-do you w-w-want?" I stuttered out of fright.

They chuckled sadistically. This scared me even more. I really don't know what this person wants with me but it terrified me to try and find out. What if they want to kill me? What if they raped me? What if this is just a joke for the people at my school's pleasure? This really isn't funny but I wouldn't put it past them to do this. They do hate me after all, but why? I don't know what I did to make them all hate me. It's probably just because I am who I am; you know the worthless bitch that no one gives a shit about, but then why would they take time out of their night just to cause me pain? Never mind. I don't think I want to know. Suddenly, my thoughts were cut off by their deep voice speaking.

"I want to make you suffer"

"Why?" I wanted to know. No. I needed to know why. Why does everyone want me to suffer the way I do? What did I ever do to deserve this?

"Because you make me feel soft. Like I have to protect you." They explained.

Wait a second.

"How do you know who I am?" I questioned them. They looked at me and then smirked.

"Do you really want to know?" That sounded like a rhetorical question but I answered anyway.

"Y-y-yes please" I spoke weakly. They leant closer towards me until their face was directly next to my ear. I could tell this because I could literally feel their breath against my ear.