Chapter 14: Back To Torment

Helen's P.O.V

Well, the weekend is over already and quite frankly I am dreading school today because I just know that everything that happened this weekend is going to go down the drain and it's going to be like nothing happened. James is going to go back to hating me and I'm going to get teased and insulted beyond belief.

While being tormented by these thoughts, I managed to peel myself out of bed and get in the shower. As the hot water pelted onto my skin, I felt a stinging on my legs and wrists and I realised that this was due to the cuts that are still slightly fresh which I had forgotten about. I actually can't remember the last time I cut myself, normally I don't go more than two days without doing some form of self-harm and yet here I am now, it must have been at least four days since I last picked up a blade. I'm actually really proud of myself for that but now I have realised how long it's been, I find myself missing the feeling of dragging a blade along my skin. I'm aware of how crazy that sounds but that's just how the mind of a cutter works.

Once I was done in the shower, I dried myself off and put on a pair of black skinny jeans, a black t-shirt that had a black and white lion on it and then I put a black zip up hoodie on over the top of it to cover up my arms. I put my black converse on, grabbed my house keys and walked out of the door to begin my journey to school.

My slow trek to school was uneventful, I listened to my music with no interruption and I've arrived at school with all my clothes intact, so today, so far, has actually been okay but I'm not expecting it to last. School today is most likely going to be hell.

Brushing those thoughts off, I stepped inside the school. in order to not draw attention to myself, I ducked my head down and quickly scurried off to my locker to put my headphones and unnecessary books in before walking to my first class. I really hope that today will be peaceful because I don't have the energy to deal with teasing today.

I walked into my maths class and there were already some people sat down.

"Hey, loser!" Someone in the back shouted at me and I just lowered my head to the desk in hopes of them stopping.

"Aww is the loser gonna cry about it? Why don't you run home to your mummy!" Trust me, I wish I could.

"Hey, slut, look at us when we talk to you" I don't want to, why isn't the teacher stopping them from saying this stuff? I looked at the teacher to see if he even noticed and he was sat there with a smirk on his face and laughing at me too. I should've guessed.

The bell finally went, signalling the class had to start so out teacher tried to teach Trigonometry but the students didn't stop yelling insults at me. This went on for the whole class, so much for a peaceful day.

My first four lessons went by at an excruciatingly slow pace, with insults being thrown at me from every direction, but finally, it was lunch time. I basically ran to the library, since I never ate breakfast or lunch, I sat down with a book I've been reading called 'The Mortal Instruments: The City Of Fallen Angels'. It's really good and I hoping I can finish it today. I really like the library, it's a good place to get away because barely anyone comes in here except nerds and, well, me.

When lunch was over, I put my book in my bag as I had been unable to finish it and then slowly made my way to my fifth-period health and social class in which I have to work with James. I can honestly say that this is the class I have been dreading the most. I do not want to see him simply because I know that even though we got along and acted like friends this weekend, he's just going to be horrible to me today and honestly, I don't know if I can take it. I'll probably end up running out of the class so no one sees me cry.