Chapter 6: Sewers

Y/n's pov

(Ada) "Have you guys heard of the Umbrella corporation? They're a pharmaceutical company secretly makes bioweapons. They have a virus that makes indestructible monsters." She explained

(Leon) "Explains the horrible things we've seen." He took a glance at me

Everytime Leon answers something he always says we. It's sweet of him to also mention me. We all walked beside the huge hole on boards. It seemed stable but still scared me from the thinness of the boards.

(Ada) "That's why I'm looking for Annette Birkin. She's the one responsible for the virus being unleashed. I'm going to bring her down." Confidence radiated from her

(Y/n) "She's the one from the audio tape." I mumbled

(Leon) "I'll catch you."

Leon jumped down and turned towards me. His arms were in front of him waiting for me to jump. Taking a deep breath I jumped and wrapped my arms around his neck.

(Ada) "Prince Charming has to protect his partner at all times. Even from jumping and possibly hurting her feet." She chuckled

Leon put me on the ground. I can't take anything Ada says personal. Technically it wasn't anything bad about me. But I don't like her talking about Leon in that way. We traveled farther down into the hole. Those zombies were getting loud.

(Ada) "This is how we get to Annette."

(Leon) "Sewer seems fitting."

We stood in front of a sewer. The smell was very unpleasant. Leon entered without hesitation and I followed quickly behind.

(Ada) "Good luck you two."

(Y/n) "You aren't coming with?" I asked suspicious of her

(Ada) "I have a feeling I'll have to save you for a third time eventually. I'm not going in a sewer." She smiled

Me and Leon left her where she was. Leon was on guard, his body was stiff. I grabbed onto his arm trying to get his attention.

(Y/n) "What's wrong?" I asked

Yes we're in a zombie filled city many things are wrong. But something is different about him. More protective.

(Leon) "What do you mean?" He turned to look at me

(Y/n) "You're more tense than normal."

(Leon) "I'm just worried that Ada sent us on a death trip."

(Y/n) "If she wanted us dead, we'd already be." I smiled at him

He tilted his head like he was wondering why I was smiling. I gave him a peck on the cheek. His cheeks grew pink and he looked away.

(Y/n) "Thanks for protecting me. But that doesn't mean you have to be so tense."

(Leon) "We should move on ahead."

He turned around walking further into the sewer. Suddenly the sewer shook aggressively. I would've fallen over if it wasn't for Leon holding onto me.

(Leon) "Jesus...was that an earthquake?"

(Y/n) "I hope so."

We continued on until we suddenly stopped. I bumped into Leon's back and looked over his shoulder. Something huge with scales walked in front of us going a different direction.

(Y/n) "What was that!?" I panicked when it was out of sight

(Leon) "God only knows what's down here."

We went the opposite way of the monster hoping not to see it again. There was a typewriter on top of a box. Annette must've been down here at some point. Traveling down some stairs the shaking began again. I leaned against the wall rubble falling down.