8 🐍

"Heya sis, one of my classmates fell asleep and I don't know where they live... ya mind getting some blankets for the couch? Thanks!" Clawd speaks into his Icoffin, carrying Kiki as he walks through the streets.

Across the lake in New Salem, Deuce comes home from his date. Cleo hugging his arm with a big smile as she follows him inside.
"Isn't your dad gonna get mad that you're spending the night?" He asks, throwing his keys on the table.

"I told him that I was at a study party with Frankie, so if anyone asks them just say that you were with Kiki." she says carelessly "everyone already thinks you're together, so no one will question it."

Rolling his eyes, Deuce pulls off his sleeveless jacket. "I thought we were over this... can we not fight for once?" He mutters.

"I was just saying the truth!" She smirks at him, wrapping her arms around his neck. "We could pretend that you cheated on me with her, and that way we could date secretly without Daddy ever knowing."

"Or, you could drop it and leave Kiki alone" he places his hands on her hips, frowning at the idea. "And tell your 'daddy' that you don't care what he thinks."

Cleo scoffs and pulls away. "I thought this date was meant to be an apology! So why are you acting so rude?!"

"I'm not apologising, I'm trying my best to fix our relationship!" He groans, shaking his head. "But every time you start one of these petty fights, I want to try less."

Gritting her teeth, she gives him a cold glare. "You are unbelievable!"

"No Cleo, I'm tired! I'm tired of having to plan my life around you! I'm tired of all the times you put your daddy's approval above my feelings! And I'm so tired of trying to be your equal!" His body shakes as he tries to keep his cool. "You don't want a boyfriend, you want a dog... all the nasty comments, the jealousy, the constant on and off... I can only take so much."

The mummy looks at him surprised, a soft expression spreading on her face before she doubles down and stomps past him. "I'm leaving! If you have any sense in that head of yours, you'll sort yourself out and apologise!" She slams the door behind her.

Deuce doesn't look back, his body automatically taking him to his room. He collapses into his bed and groans loudly into his pillow. Feeling his phone buzz in his pocket, he pulls out his Icoffin. Seeing 2 message notifications from both Kiki and Clawd. He taps on Kikis contact and looks confused as he reads.

Message was deleted by sender
From about 2 hours ago.

Deuce tilts his head to the side, wondering what she'd messaged him. He then goes to Clawds contact. His eyes filling with anger and confusion as he sees a selfie of Clawd having the biggest grin on his face, Kiki resting peacefully on his chest. The message reading
"Told ya I'd swoop her up if you were too slow~ >:3"
Deuce immediately calls him, clenching his jaw as the phone rings. "Yello~" Clawd answers his a smug voice.

"WHAT THE FUCK DUDE?!"
He yells into the phone.

Clawd chuckles and lay in his bed, rolling his eyes.
"I knew you'd be mad!"

"Yea I'm fucking mad, I thought you were my friend!"

"Bro... nothing happened, I was just curious on how you'd react."
Clawd says nonchalantly, checking his nails.

Deuce pauses, processing what Clawd told him. His eye twitches.
"...what."

"I saw her floating in a lake alone, talked to her and shared some pastries she made. She fell asleep so I'm letting her stay on my couch, that's it I swear."

Deuce takes a deep breath before muttering.
"I hate you so much right now."

Clawd grins cheekily, letting out a not so subtle laugh.
"Buuuuuuut~ this proves that you'd be mad if someone dated her, that's gotta mean something!"

"Whatever..."
He groans, pausing a bit before thinking about the deleted message.
"Did she... say anything about me?"

"Ask her yourself dude, I can't do everything for you!"

Deuce opens his mouth to say something but Clawd ends the call. The snake haired man buried his face in his pillow "ugh, stupid Clawd... stupid feelings... stupid me..." he groans loudly