11.5 🐍

Kiki wakes up, her lashes fluttering as she lets out a yawn. Feeling a warm breath against her skin she looks down, unable to keep her lips from curling upwards. Deuce lays beside her, his head comfortably rested against her neck while he keeps an arm wrapped around her body.

Slowly stroking its head, Kiki watches as one of his snakes coil around her finger "this won't end well for either of us... I hope this is worth it for you..." She sits up, tying her hair back and quietly picking up her shoes.

She tiptoes across the granite tiling, making it to the door before a small groan makes her freeze. "Kiki...leaving already? You didn't strike me as the type" he lets out a tired laugh, stretching his back as he stands up. "You want breakfast?"

"I have something I need to do. Maybe after school" She mutters, sliding her shoes on. "Thank you for letting me stay the night."

"It's a long walk home, at least let me get you a coffee" Taking her hand in his own, Deuce pushes her hair to the side leaving a kiss on her cheek.

Unable to keep the smile off her face, she lets out a quiet sigh before intertwining their fingers "I'll wait outside, you got 3 minutes to get ready" she pulls away and leaves the room.

Deuce waits until the door closes behind her. Pumping his fists into the air and letting out a silent cheer. He rushes through changing, while putting on a shirt a rat with a mohawk scutters over the floor. "She kissed me Perseus, get used to seeing her over!" He scratches behind the animals ear, grabbing his bag by the strap and hurrying out the door. "Cafe first or do you want to go home first?"

Kiki glances up from her icoffin and starts walking "home, I'd like to shower and change before school." She says, continuing to message someone throughout the walk.

Staying silent, Deuce looks over her shoulder thinking of something to say. "So..." he laughs awkwardly, his hand grazing against hers "that kiss was really something huh?" He blurts out, unable to think of anything else.

"I suppose. Do you really walk this far every day to school?" She changes the subject quickly, walking into her apartment building.

Deuce lets out a soft sigh, the awkwardness was growing too big to ignore "Clawd picks me up sometimes. I have a motorbike but I turned it to stone so I'm waiting for the effects to wear off." He stops as they get to her door, before Kiki opens the door he holds her hand squeezing it gently. "How about I make you breakfast? I don't wanna end our time together just yet..."

She looks up at him, watching as he stares back with a nervous expression plasters on his face. "You're sweet..." She leans in, wrapping her arms around his neck. "I don't deserve it."

"You're worth everything and more Kiki..." he mutter, gently brushing his lips against hers. His hands move to hold her waist as they stay in each other's arms for a few seconds. Only pulling away once Kiki feels her phone buzzing.

"It's Clawd, he wants to know if I'm alright" she says, typing a quick response.

"Don't worry about him, you go take that shower and I'll cook up something quick for us!" The snake haired monster says, his goofy grin getting wider as he's still dazed from the kiss.

She simply chuckles and rolls her eyes "ok, but don't make a mess" she reaches to unlock the door but stops as she sees the door cracked open. Her fingers lightly nudge the door making it fly open more. She freezes in place seeing a man sit at her table, his feet kicked up as he reads.

The strange man glances up from his magazine with a cocky smirk, his skin being a sickly pale blue and having shallow dents where his eyes were meant to be. "Hello Cthylla."