11 🐙

"Kiki wait up!" Deuce calls while running up to her, stopping once he's caught up and letting out a couple huffs. "How are you so fast..." he sputters out, wiping a bead of sweat from his forehead.

"Wheels." She responds, lifting her foot up showing the small wheel on the heel of her shoe. "What did you need me for?"

Deuce looks away nervously, clasping his hands together "oh! Well... the thing is..." he loses confidence seeing how disinterested she seemed. "I just... thought that maybe... you'd like some company..."

There's an uncomfortable pause as they look at eachother, Kikis face softens up after a few moments. "Actually... I think I would like that."

"Really?! A-awesome!" he stares in shock before smiling back at the ghoul. Wrapping an arm around her shoulder "your place?"

Kiki tenses up again, looking at the ground with a nervous expression "Could we spend some time at your residence... just for tonight?" She asks as they walk together.

"Oh..." he trails off, going quiet for a few minutes before snapping out of it. "Y-yea! We can go there if you want!"

"We don't have to... if it's that much of a bother..."

"No!" Deuce raise his hands "it's nothing like that! It's just that I would've cleaned the place up if I knew you'd ask to come over..." he laughs it off and leads her in the opposite direction from her apartment. They walk for over an hour until they reach New Salem, he takes her hand in his, taking her up to a light green middle class home. "My mom isn't around, so we can do whatever you feel like." He says unlocking the door and walking inside.

"Where is she? I thought that mortal families were meant to be creepily loving" she asks, looking around the decorated home.

"Greece. Or somewhere else. Anywhere away from me I guess" Deuce rolls his eyes, looking over at a picture of a himself as a small child in his mothers arms. "It's like she doesn't even want me around..."

"Hm... I guess mortal families aren't very different from godlike ones" Kiki looks over his shoulder at the picture "at least you have a photo of times when it was pleasant."

He stares down at it a bit longer before dropping it on the floor. "Whatever... I'm grabbing a drink, you want one?"

"Yes, anything will do" she watches as Deuce disappears in the kitchen before picking up the framed photo and placing it neatly on a shelf. Her lips curling into a small smile looking at the goofy grin Deuce had in it. She turns to inspect the rest of the house, every surface being polished and sleek. A few statues positioned in the corners of every room. "It's so... yellow" she mutters.

"It's green actually..." Kiki turns seeing Deuce leaning against the doorframe with two bottles of beer "so one of us is probably colourblind." He jokes.

Letting out an amused breath, the ghoul rolls her eyes. "I didn't mean it like that, you wouldn't get it" she takes a beer from his hands and raises an eyebrow. "Really? Are you trying to get me drunk?"

"I thought you were all about new experiences~" he teases, raising the bottle to his snakes letting one of them pop off the cap. He takes a swing of his drink and grins. "Unless you're scared?"

Kiki narrows her eyes, snatching the bottle from his hands and downing the whole thing. "...why do people drink this, it's disgusting" she gives back the unopened bottle with a repulsed face.

"Because they wanna feel grown up, I'm drinking it because it's the only thing left in the fridge" he laughs, taking her to the bedroom and laying on his bed. "I'd rather get drunk on limeade and vodka but it's not like I can call up my mom and ask for it!"

Kiki chuckles, taking a sit beside him and looking around the room. Despite the nice furniture and spotless nature of all the other rooms, Deuces room was pretty messy and covered in death metal posters. "I will truly never understand what a mortal wants, such ridiculous selfish desires..."

"Oh come on, you're telling me that you've never wanted something selfish?" Deuce sits up and moves closer, opening the second bottle and taking a sip. "Not once?"

Clearing her throat, the ghoul looks away digging her nails into her palms "what could i possibly desire?"

"I dunno, I think everyone has something. Cleo wanted EVERYTHING, god I can't believe I spent so long ignoring how miserable I was..." he laughs, taking off his shades and looking into Kikis eyes. "There's gotta be something, something you want so bad that you don't care about the consequences..."

She tries to look away but is unable to, moving closer. "There is one thing... it drives me crazy this feeling of... just feeling in general" she admits.

He chuckles "I know feelings are a hard subject for you..." he starts to say, moving his hand up to gently touch her cheek. "But you can always be selfish around me."

"Don't say things that you'll regret later... you'll just hurt yourself" she sighs, rubbing back against his palm.

Deuce smiles and leans in "I could never regret you..." both monsters lean in, their lips slowly closing in. Just as they're about to collide, Deuces phone goes off with a loud ringtone. They both pull away quickly and he looks at Clawds contact. "J-just give me a second!" He says rushing out of the room.
Kiki sits on his bed awkwardly for a few minutes before Deuce finally comes back in, sitting beside her. "So... um... about that..." he clear his throat, turning to look at her when suddenly Kiki pulls him into a passionate kiss. Taken aback, he flinches at the sudden grab but doesn't move away. Gently holding her waist and pulling her body against his.