the second

"Let's do reds and oranges, maybe some black" Cinna said, facing the large board in-front of Amara and him.

"To go with our coal on fire theme," Amara nods, and Cinna writes fire on the screen.

After he writes the idea on the board, he grabs his portfolio and hands Amara hers.

Amara's hands grab several pencils, filling in the possibilities of the male teens outfit.

At first it was all red, but as she glanced at Cinna's one design she knew that would be too much. The outfits were to represent the coal and the fire, and if Katniss is fire, Peeta will have to be the coal.

Turning to a new page, her hands grab the black pencil. In seconds, there's a black suit, with red accents and fire on the sleeves. Looking at the drawing, Amara imagines Peeta in it.

His hair in a slicked style, his face playing at his smug and flirty character. Making small talk that drives the crowd crazy in a good way. In the suit, he'll no longer be the sweet kind Peeta she knows, instead he'll become the person the Capitol wished to see.

"Goodbye Cinna!" Taking her portfolio, she left the studio and went home.

Inside her home, Amara grabbed her fabrics and patterns and rushed to her machine. And soon the hysteria of sewing and seams started.

The black fabric ran through her nimble fingers, moving into the machine and back out the other side. Soon the base of the suit was finished. Adding on the red trims, it was one step closer to the end.

The last piece of the suit was the flames on the wrists. Embellishing the beads and sequins onto it, the entire thing was finished.

As she left her room, she took note of her brother still being at work. Silently, she exited the apartment, and snuck into the tribute center to see Peeta.

Showing the two Peacekeepers her ID, she was let in the building. Taking in the grandeur, she noticed the high ceiling and the twelve floors above her. Walking over to the elevator, she hit the 12 button and went up to the floor.

Reaching the door an Avox opened it. The inside of the room was insane. It was stunning in a way she's never seen. Although she lives in a penthouse, the outrageousness of this was new. Why are they giving all of this to two teens who'll end up dead? The Capitol could easily use this money in developing the districts but no, it's for the children they kill.

"Amara!" the shrill voice of effie trinket called from the table where everyone was seated. "Come join us!"

Hesitantly the girl crosses the room to the big table. There, an Avox pulls a chair out beside Haymitch and across from Peeta.

"We were talking about strategy for the assessment," Haymitch said, and for once he seemed invested in the two tributes. "Katniss is going with the arrows, but we haven't figured out Peeta here."

Glancing up from his plate at the mention of his name, he meets Amaras caring eyes. Staring into them he takes notes of the browns and warm dark golds. Eyes that look like a wood inside of a fire, warming him up from the cold future he's placed in.

"Maybe he could paint something?" the girl's voice awoke him from a trance. "Later, I could tell him things that my brother would love to see."

"Genius!" The peppy voice broke through again. "Go! We were just finishing up. Peeta, go show her to your room!"

Leading her away from the uncomfortable table was more awkward than the table was. Together they walked in silence. The type where the only words that are needed are silent. It was comforting yet at a glance weird. Surely the two would continue the conversation from the table, but they didn't. They didn't need to. Amara wasn't going to talk strategy with the boy, she knew he had a plan.