the fifth

Life had been quiet. Weeks spent learning to paint, and others spent learning to sew. The young couple's life in District Twelve was a vacation. Amara saw beauty in her life away from glitz and glamour, and Peeta finally felt a comfort in his home.

When the days were quiet and peaceful, the nights were loud, yells echoing through the halls, nightmares filled the air. Screams became louder minute, falling into a decrescendo the second soft arms would wrap around the boy, whispers of safety in his ear. That was the daily routine, calm days and pained nights. However even with this, Amara never wanted to leave. She finally found a home that truly felt safe. 

A person from the outside looking in would guess the girl's opinion of District Twelve was through rose-colored glasses. Yet, as an outsider Amara could find the faults in the outlying Districts' treatment. While poverty around her was a hard thing to ignore, she did everything in her power to help the starving children of the streets and the seam. Whether it be through accidentally making too much for meals or sewing new coats for winter, The teen girl felt a duty to give back. All her life had been spent wasting things the Districts' needed.

Deep in her head she knows that it doesn't matter what she does, it's the way life is. The people of the Districts had a rebellion and because of that they chose their life. While she's in Twelve she can do all she can, but the second she enters the Capitol it would have to stop. Amara's body was pulled in two directions, one facing the comfort of youth and the other looking towards a better future.

"You alright? You've been quiet," the soft voice of Peeta broke the girl from her thoughts and reflections. His voice held genuine curiosity, wanting to know what was wrong, begging for her to be open like he is.

"It's just..." her voice pauses, trying to find the best way to explain her thoughts. "It's just that in the Capitol, we have so much and here families freeze through the winter, starving from their lack of food. What do we do in the Capitol? Throw it up to keep eating and buy new coats every year? I hate it. What makes us better than everyone else?"

The boy sits down next to the girl, wrapping his arm around her shoulders, pulling her in for comfort. "I don't know Mara, I don't know."
Together, the young couple held their position, making no attempt to move. Both wishing that time would stop and the two would be able to live freely.

As all good things must come to an end, time resumed itself, reminding the pair that Peeta's Victory Tour would start and Amara would need to start preparations.

"Let me show you your tour outfits." Standing up, the girl grabbed the hand of her boyfriend and pulled him up to her sewing room. "They're more humble than high fashion, but I wanted them to reflect your values and spirit."

Letting go of the boy's hand, the girl pulls out a series of outfits, most all consisting of a sweater and trench coat. Colored with the common grays and dark colors of Peeta's home district.
"I love them." The boy whispered, his eyes locked on the blonde girl in front of him.

"Now Peeta, I trust you in getting yourself prepared for the Television segment with Caesar. But, if you need me, I will be with Katniss, everyone knows she needs the help." Effie's voice was her normal shrill while straightening the soon to be changed shirt of Peeta.

However, that fact didn't matter, she was doing what any mother would do, keeping her child looking the best.

"Thanks Eff," the boy spoke, before nodding and meeting the eyes of the mentioned woman.
Taking this as permission, the pale woman goes to leave. Her heels clicking on the cobbled street below her, an even pattern atop the uneven ground.